Looking for Python / MODBUS programming support

Posted on
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:50 pm
towsled offline

Looking for Python / MODBUS programming support

In July of last year, I installed a 4KW solar/battery/inverter system at my house. Over the past 8 months I have been working to optimize my setup. While things are operating very well, I feel that interfacing my inverter (Schneider Electric Conext 4048) with Indigo could yield significant additional efficiencies. The inverter is on my network and is able to be addressed via MODBUS. I have been able to successfully read the MODBUS registers over TCPIP in a separate 3rd party program but not via python (PyMODBUS) successfully yet. All MODBUS layouts for the inverter are publicly available.

While I am not a Python and interface expert, I have been able to create other basic read-only RS-485 interfaces for Indigo but this interface is a bit above my current skill level. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to work with me to develop a basic interface that would: 1) read out certain values into Indigo variables which are stored in MODBUS registers (like the state of charge of the batteries, current PV production, etc..) and 2) build several indigo controlled functions that would write to MODBUS registers to turn on, off, or adjust several inverter functions (like deciding when to invert to support local loads versus charge the batteries)? I would be willing to pay someone to assist with the programming and would be happy to make the result available to anyone who wanted to use it or build on it. If anyone is interested I am happy to draft specifications to start discussion.

Thoughts, Suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan..

Posted on
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:24 am
Brian Gaiser offline

Re: Looking for Python / MODBUS programming support

Hey Dan -- did you ever get any help with this? I also have just begun setting up a huge Schneider system (Conext SW Pro) and all that.

Posted on
Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:29 pm
Brian Gaiser offline

Re: Looking for Python / MODBUS programming support

Dan… I have a large Schneider system and got it all working. Let me know if you need help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1