Legrand WiFi Hub Integration

Posted on
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:07 am
jamboinafrica offline

Legrand WiFi Hub Integration

We are in the process of building a new home and I am trying to figure out the best way to tie all of the HA systems together.

Current setup includes
Lights - Legrand Adorne switches with Insteon Micro dimmers
Shades - Somfy RTS
Windows - Marvel motors controlled by Insteon micro switches
Thermostat - Nest / Ecobee (yet to decide)

I have recently discovered that Legrand now does a WiFi hub with their own set of wifi switches and controls that integrate with Savant / Control4 / Crestron etc that I would really love to use if I can find some way of integrating them into Indigo. Has anybody looked into using the Legrand hub with Indigo?

Thanks,
Neil

Posted on
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:18 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Legrand WiFi Hub Integration

I just confirmed with Legrand that their API is closed (which isn't a big surprise). Someone may have reverse engineered it that one of the 3rd party developers could use to build an Indigo plugin, but I don't know for sure.

I'm not sure that you need the hub since all the devices themselves seem to be WiFi - my guess is the hub has some minimal Indigo-like functionality (simple schedules and triggering) and facilitates communication with Alexa/Google Home.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:43 pm
jamboinafrica offline

Re: Legrand WiFi Hub Integration

I believe that there is a way to communicate with the hub using RS232. Unfortunately all
Comms with the hub use their proprietary ‘Top Dog’ comms protocol so no idea if it is possible to communicate with them over WiFi.

They also use Samsung’s Artik protocol for communication outside of the home network - any thoughts there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1