Bluetooth state talk to Indigo?

Posted on
Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:57 pm
Different Computers offline

Bluetooth state talk to Indigo?

I suddenly remembered today that the new Panasonic KX-TGE260 home phone system I bought 6 months ago was something I chose because it had a Bluetooth option. I can pair my phone and use that as another handset for the home line.

But wait... the phone system also successfully paired with my Indigo server Mac! Now, I have no idea yet if it sends any usable data to the Mac, but I find myself wondering if there's any way I might be able to detect the phone ringing to use it as a trigger in Indigo.

Anyone done something similar, or have an idea how I might make this happen?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:23 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Bluetooth state talk to Indigo?

On further investigation, I had the smartphone/landline BT integration potential exactly backwards: Rather than making your cell into another house phone, it makes all the house phones act like BT headsets.

So, at least with this model, there's no way to have my landline phones tell Indigo that they are ringing. At least not over BlueTooth!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1