Xeoma Video Surveillance System

Posted on
Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:51 am
chrisfromthelc offline

Xeoma Video Surveillance System

Has anyone used the Xeoma software for CCTV? The one feature it has that SecuritySpy doesn't is PTZ follow tracking (which I grew to love when I was working in the CCTV industry a few years ago). It looks like they're got a simple HTTP POST/GET setup that can send triggers for common functions (and an incoming HTTP trigger), so integration with Indigo is easy enough.

Price-wise, it's pretty competitive with SecuritySpy, and seems to be closer to an enterprise system. I am just wondering if there's anyone already using it, and how you're integrating (if you are).

Posted on
Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:48 am
captcurrent offline

Re: Xeoma Video Surveillance System

I have used both... with Security Spy i was able to pretty much integrate seamlessly using the Cynic Plug. In. I used Xeoma at an installation which was not OS X based
The frustrating thing with Xeoma is that it is pretty much a subscription service with license being per camera per time period which gets ypo the updates and current versions

In tehcnical support I would give an edge t the xeoma folks... with the note that you will need as they keep tinkering with the software.... which will will be a problem A lot of their software seems to default to auto update..

Page 1 of 1