Stringify is awesome alternative to IFTTT

Posted on
Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:36 pm
spiv offline

Stringify is awesome alternative to IFTTT

I just stumbled upon the "Stringify" iOS app. This app has a lot of potential. It does a lot more than IFTTT and it is more flexible with a very nice interactive UI for creating flows (scripts or macros). I think it could truly blow IFTTT out of the water.

They just added a direct integration with Insteon (via the non-HomeKit Insteon Hub II hardware) and that is where I found out about it (email from Insteon).

However, their "Maker" channel allows integration with any service that can be controlled via HTTP URL's so it should be easy to use with Indigo (just not sure yet how it handles authentication).

They also have a skill already implemented with Amazon Alexa -- This allows voice control of any Stringify "flow" (their term for a scene) so the potential to create much more complex multi-device actions via Indigo and invoke with Alexa single voice command looks promising.

Geofencing is already supported - should be possible to create a Stringify "flow" that sets an Indigo variable to "home" or "away" automatically.

Has anyone else seen or used this iOS app?

Page 1 of 1