Display variable on a LCD screen

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:31 am
MarcoGT offline

Display variable on a LCD screen

Hi all,

I switch my electricity provider to a one where price varies every hour (Tibber for ones living in Germany).
Now I would like to display the current price (and also min/max) on an LCD display.
I have a raspberry pi (but PiHole is running on it) and an Arduino Uno set (with LCD included) which is sitting in the garage.
Maybe with Arduino and Arduino Plugin is this feasible?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:32 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Display variable on a LCD screen

If you can run a web browser on that Uno, this is easy.

Make a control page with the variable displayed as you like, then go to the Indigo web server’s address on the Uno and load the page you designed.

Done.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:34 am
MarcoGT offline

Good, but I need a monitor connected to it, or am I wrong? Never played with Arduino.
The set I got does not even have WiFi/Ethernet on it

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:11 pm
Different Computers offline

In that case you’re probably better off in terms of money by using a cheap Amazon Fire tablet to read a control page. or an old smart phone.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:51 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Can you install a browser on the r-pi and connect it to the LCD. Then use a simple control page to show the variable on the screen?

Posted on
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:29 am
MarcoGT offline

I solved the problem by using Grafana and GraphQL pulling data from Tibber API.
Then I will use an old iPad to display the page

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240121/3125a22f3656c2cc4dd43dca903b42a5.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 1