A simple unreal button: no groups, no complications.

Posted on
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:35 am
BenHM4590 offline

A simple unreal button: no groups, no complications.

[MODERATOR NOTE]: moved to a more appropriate section.

Greetings,
I'm sure this is answered elsewhere, but I can't phrase a successful search. I'd like to make a simple, completely virtual, not-real, unphysical, UI-only button. Only exists in Indigo, Touch, and can be made to appear via HomeLink Siri on my Apple Home application. My intent is to use them as conditions in Triggers.

Example: Windows Open.
If ON, then don't turn on/turn off the A/C. A trigger would reset it daily. OPTIONAL: second button Lock Windows State, defeating the daily reset.

Example: Mute 6am lights for 1 day.
If ON at 6am, no lights. A follow-up trigger would reset it.

I don't want a group of things, I already have triggers that simply need a condition added for the state of these "unreal switches."

I can't find the right plugin or feature, so any help would be appreciated.

Posted on
Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:48 am
mundmc offline

Re: A simple unreal button: no groups, no complications.

A virtual device published to the Homekit Siri (I think that's the latest iteration apologies if I got it wrong) could work, but that would require action groups for on/off/toggling and possibly a variable for the state value (that you can get by with a much slimmer version than this).

OR

Make a dummy x10 device (even if you do not use an x10 interface); that works for me for on/off placeholders that I can click.

Page 1 of 1