How to Delete Devices that no longer exist

Posted on
Sat May 13, 2023 4:55 pm
aldera offline

How to Delete Devices that no longer exist

Hello,

When I add a new device to Indigo and try to sync it, the drop down list has the new device but also has several devices that no longer exist. I can't exclude them since I don't have them anymore. The photo below shows the non-existent devices. Also, they don't show up when I try to write to the log for devices that aren't responding. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Thanks.

Ralph
Attachments
devices.jpg
sync box
devices.jpg (82.74 KiB) Viewed 562 times

Posted on
Sat May 13, 2023 6:16 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: How to Delete Devices that no longer exist

Sure. IMO, the best approach is to create an Indigo device that points to the non-existent Z-wave device and then try to sync it -- it will obviously fail. Repeat this for each failed/non-existent device. Then, from the Z-Wave menu, select "Remove Failed Modules from Controller". You will receive a warning if a failed device is referenced by another Indigo object like a control page or action. You'll need to remove those references first.

Word of caution -- the list of Z-Wave devices is stored in the Z-Wave controller (not in Indigo) and the controller might think some devices have failed even though they haven't (for example, if it hasn't heard from them in a while). Indigo has no control over this.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun May 14, 2023 8:23 am
aldera offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Sure. IMO, the best approach is to create an Indigo device that points to the non-existent Z-wave device and then try to sync it -- it will obviously fail. Repeat this for each failed/non-existent device. Then, from the Z-Wave menu, select "Remove Failed Modules from Controller". You will receive a warning if a failed device is referenced by another Indigo object like a control page or action. You'll need to remove those references first.

Word of caution -- the list of Z-Wave devices is stored in the Z-Wave controller (not in Indigo) and the controller might think some devices have failed even though they haven't (for example, if it hasn't heard from them in a while). Indigo has no control over this.

Hi,

Worked like a champ! Thanks again.

Ralph

Posted on
Sun May 14, 2023 8:40 am
DaveL17 offline

Glad I could help.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Page 1 of 1