Advice for UK heating system on complete renovation

Posted on
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:50 pm
siclark offline

Advice for UK heating system on complete renovation

Aren't these additional temperature sensors for evohome when you don't want to use the TRV sensor?

https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeywell-home-evohome/45-honeywell-hcf82-wireless-room-sensor.html

Posted on
Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:32 pm
Colly offline

Re: Advice for UK heating system on complete renovation

Hi Simon,
Bit slow to respond on this one. For me I use Heatmiser Neo with Alan's excellent plugin. I have a 16 zone air-to-water heat pump system, 8 underfloor zones downstairs and 8 low output radiators upstairs. I only use Indigo to control it and for me I very rarely have an issue. When I do it tends to be a setup error on my side. Each Neo stat can obviously be manually controlled if required however I can't recall the last time they were touched. The fact that it's non cloud based is a major plus.
The more I think of it I'd be lost if I ever lost the ability to control from Indigo - @racarter please keep supporting it as you have been since I first got it up and running.
So in summary a +++ for Heatmiser Neo.
Colly

Posted on
Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:56 pm
neilk offline

siclark wrote:
Aren't these additional temperature sensors for evohome when you don't want to use the TRV sensor?

https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeywell-home-evohome/45-honeywell-hcf82-wireless-room-sensor.html

I should have said in my system I don’t use the TRV’s as the zone temperature sensor but have room sensors in every zone (and multiple TRV’s) so I don’t see that issue (and DHW stays on whenever the heating is on so I don’t hit the schedule limitation, not sure my schedules would be that complex). I use indigo to manage over rides to the schedule and if they do have an outage then that fails but not often enough to worry me.

https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeywell-home-evohome/78-honeywell-t87rf2033-single-zone-thermostat-only.html
These are the ones I have, I don’t remember them being as expensive when I bought them but they look much nicer !

Posted on
Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:30 am
howartp offline

I never knew there were those separate thermostats for Evohome.

Our living room has radiator (with TRV) on one wall, fireplace on side wall, and patio door to conservatory on the far wall opposite radiator.

The TRV knocks off when the radiator is hot but the unheated conservatory is bringing freezing cold in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:10 pm
neilk offline

You can also use the sensor in the controller itself for a zone, could save you a little or let you test locations.