Wifi base stations Indigo friendly?

Posted on
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:07 pm
jltnol offline

Re: Wifi base stations Indigo friendly?

+2 for UniFi. I have one inside and one outside.. The "mesh" is seamless. They can be a bit tricky to get set up... mainly because of the special app, and then not using Safari for the rest.. but I've been happy with mine and have installed them for others as well. I have 2 UniFi AP=AC-Pro... .work very well.

Don't know how they may integrate with Indigo.... but I can easily understand they desire to automate them...

Posted on
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:56 pm
Different Computers offline

jltnol wrote:
Don't know how they may integrate with Indigo.... but I can easily understand they desire to automate them...

You owe it to yourself to check out the Unifi plug in!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:21 pm
RogueProeliator offline

You owe it to yourself to check out the Unifi plug in!

Out of curiosity, what do you do with the plugin -- is it just for monitoring or do you take some actions based on it?

Adam

Posted on
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:11 pm
Different Computers offline

It can absolutely trigger actions. I have both an AP and a gateway, so all my IP devices report their Up/Expired/Down events and times.

The main thing I use it for is to notice when phones, iPads, Apple Watches, etc. belonging to people I want to track are around or not. But it also can, for example, monitor whether an IP camera is up or not.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:35 pm
mundmc offline

Different Computers wrote:
It can absolutely trigger actions. I have both an AP and a gateway, so all my IP devices report their Up/Expired/Down events and times.

The main thing I use it for is to notice when phones, iPads, Apple Watches, etc. belonging to people I want to track are around or not. But it also can, for example, monitor whether an IP camera is up or not.

+1
You can easily log new people on your network, then have triggers for their devices popping up. My house is 4 floors with plaster and lathe walls, so I have 5 AP’s in the house and one in the garage. Using minimum rsi’s I have darn good speed and, in a pinch, can find misplaced devices based on their last connection.