How do I find rouge "Speak:" assignments

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:42 pm
akimball offline

How do I find rouge "Speak:" assignments

Hiya, I have this really weird problem... sometime in the last several years of using indigo... I have written a few trigger commands which talk to me... like I'll be sleeping there in the middle of the night and something triggers one of my hundreds of hue light commands... like turn off all hues outside... and if I forgot and left my home audio system on, indigo says "e" or "c"... and I swear I can't find it to delete it.

I don't want any of my indigo triggers or functions to speak... ever. At least now.

The wife keeps looking at me like "well... when you going to finally get that thing to shutup??" And I'm like "baby... I'd fix it if I could find it!?"

Next night.. indigo taunts me again... "E"

Please tell me there is a way to hunt down this problem. I wish that any spoken gibberish would be listed in indigo... you know, right next to the trigger ID or something.

Yes... I've looked... endlessly. I've used the logs to try and narrow it down. I'm lost,

-Al

Posted on
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:01 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: How do I find rouge "Speak:" assignments

Have you only looked at triggers? There are speak actions on schedules and actions, too. Also, you could have a rogue python script somewhere that tells the server to speak--although going to the effort to tell the server to say 'E' seems pretty unlikely. Sounds more like an accidental keystroke when one of the settings dialogs was open.

I'd start by looking at schedules that are set to fire in the middle of the night (if you have any) and work my way out from there. What else is in the log around that time? (etc.) I don't think there's an easy way to find all speak commands using a search, but it's conceivable that there may be a way to query the Indigo database to do that. (Make a copy of the database and search that--don't use the original.)

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:01 pm
akimball offline

Thank you for the reply. I’ll continue to look following your suggestions....i had been looking in triggers only for the spurious “Eeee” announcement. Was hoping there was some search function to help me find it.

-Al

Posted on
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:27 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

You can duplicate your database file then open the copy of the file in a raw text editor and search for "SpeakText". Once you find the one you are looking for scroll up and look for the "Name" of the Trigger/Schedule/Action Group object that it resides in.

Posted on
Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:42 pm
akimball offline

That sounds great and much better than guessing which hasn’t worked out. Thanks Matt and DaveL. I’ll be speachless.

-Al

Page 1 of 1