Alternative to Evocam

Posted on
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:58 am
MarcoGT offline

Alternative to Evocam

Hi all,

I have a very stable setup with Mojave, Evocam and Indigo; soon or later I will upgrade to Catalina (MacMini 2015) and Evocam is 32bit and is anymore being developed.
Any idea? The security camera plugin I never got it working; I always get "Unable to run Master Image: 0", I gave up.
SecuritySpy is expensive, but I only have two cameras + Netatmo Welcome.

Any idea? The only solution is SecuritySpy?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:59 am
peszko offline

Re: Alternative to Evocam

MarcoGT wrote:
Any idea? The only solution is SecuritySpy?

I don't use security spy and have 16 cameras integrated with indigo. I use a dedicated NVR and a custom plugin to interact with it. There are several plugins in the plugin store that can do quite a lot with external cameras and NVRs.

Posted on
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:46 pm
MarcoGT offline

Which cameras are you using?

Posted on
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:04 pm
peszko offline

I'm using Hikvision cameras and NVR.

Posted on
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:47 pm
whmoorejr offline

peszko wrote:
I use a dedicated NVR and a custom plugin to interact with it.

I would love to take your plugin for a test drive. I'm also using an NVR (AMCREST) that I've tied into Indigo via the SMTP'd plugin https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=216&t=16348

It basically runs an SMTP server within Indigo. Any mail program that sends on that server port is read by Indigo. So, I have motion set up on each camera and on the NVR to send an email using the Indigo SMTP port. Then I have a trigger for each camera that reads incoming SMTP traffic. From there it is a combination of timers, variables and additional triggers to update variables and stuff. PITA to set up, but has been rock-solid.

As for the original EvoCam question.... I would love to find a cheep/free alternative. Sitehound is pretty good, but I always had integration issues and I really didn't want my indigo server machine being used to process multiple cameras. That's why I went with the DVR solution.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:05 am
peszko offline

whmoorejr wrote:
peszko wrote:

I would love to take your plugin for a test drive.

I'll clean up my plugin a bit and the post the link to it. I had (and still have) a plan to add a lot more functionality but didn't find the time yet. Over Christmas, I'll try to clean up whats there before posting.

Posted on
Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:42 pm
whmoorejr offline

peszko wrote:
Over Christmas, I'll try to clean up whats there before posting.

So a late Christmas present or an early birthday present.... that will work.

I'm super curious to know how you managed to get a communication link between an NVR and Indigo. Most NVRs I've tinkered with have a "Alarm Center" function that sends something using the Alarm Center protocol (whatever that is) over IP. I dug around for a while to see if there was a generic Alarm Center application that could be the receiver... Came up empty.

So, my guess would be that you either figured that Alarm Center protocol out or your are using the NVR API to communicate with the NVR from Indigo. It should be relatively universal as most NVRs out there use very similar or have identical NVR software.

Bill

Posted on
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:42 pm
whmoorejr offline

peszko wrote:
I'll clean up my plugin a bit and the post the link to it. I had (and still have) a plan to add a lot more functionality but didn't find the time yet. Over Christmas, I'll try to clean up whats there before posting.

How goes the progress with the plugin?

Bill

Posted on
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:26 am
tazswe offline

peszko wrote:
whmoorejr wrote:
peszko wrote:

I would love to take your plugin for a test drive.

Dear Peszko,

A friendly reminder .

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1