How do I configure a MIMO2+ in Indigo for dry contact impute

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:33 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How do I configure a MIMO2+ in Indigo for dry contact im

I just sent RickStreet an email. From his post above it sounds like he has gotten it working, so I'm curious if he can chime in and describe how he has his configured and what he is seeing (in regards to the MIMO2+ reporting changes). I also wonder if the version he has is a different firmware than yours.

Posted on
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:39 pm
brianlloyd offline

I saw that and that is what prompted my question. I thought he might respond.

'Tis a conundrum.

Posted on
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:46 pm
whmoorejr offline

I'm in the same missing status boat. Just received my MIMO2+ today (firmware 2.08)

Opening and closing the garage doors is done. Getting them to report the binary input is not.

Physical:
Door remote on back of garage door opener is connected to NO1/COM1
Magnetic switch connected to SIG1/GND
When the door is up, the SIG LED lights up. When closed, the LED goes off.

Indigo:
When closed, the Analog Input state between 0 - 10. (7, currently)
When open, the Analog Input state is between 2000 - 3000

Plugin:
Input 1 mode: Trigger Between Thresholds - Report Analog every 30 seconds. (Report on change does not populate the Analog Input 1 State)

For thresholds....
Tried Mat's numbers
low HIGH: 2500
low LOW: 2000
upper HIGH: 4095
upper LOW: 4094

Tried Brian's Numbers:
low HIGH: 2047
low LOW: 0
upper HIGH: 4095
upper LOW: 4048

Tried other combinations... still, no change with the Binary Input state.

From their documentation
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57363221555986b60e62f0f0/t/5919d919ff7c50802f0b93da/1494866202716/Tech+Appendix+MIMO2%2B+8May2017+removed+MI+address.pdf,
Trigger between thresholds.... any value under "low HIGH" is "un triggered". Any value between "low HIGH" and "upper HIGH" is "triggered". Any value above "upper HIGH" is "un triggered".... Theoretically, either of those number combinations should have worked.

I could build a virtual garage door with triggers to update the virtual garage door state.... (Sensor Value Becomes Less Than 1000, then update variable to "Closed". Greater Than 1000, update variable to "Open"). But that seems like a horrible work-around to get the star of an existing sensor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

v/r
Bill

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:28 pm
brianlloyd offline

Building a "virtual" digital mode by setting a boolean based on the changed analog value is what I have finally settled on. Nothing else worked.

Posted on
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:06 pm
whmoorejr offline

I'm waiting on a return call or email from FortrezZ tech support. I'll post their reply when I get one.

Bill

Posted on
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:26 pm
whmoorejr offline

Some progress....

Interfaces -> Z-Wave -> Manage Associations

Added Indigo Z-Wave Interface to Group 2 and Group 3 (Which correspond to sensor1 and sensor2.)

By doing this and setting the device to "Trigger Between Thresholds - Report Analog on Change"

I'm now getting analog updates as soon as the contact sensor breaks (open) or shorts (closed).

From the MIMO Lite documentation, there is a Group 4 association for a digital input (like a contact switch) and a Parameter 8. The MIMO2+ doesn't have either a group 4 or a Parameter 8 to adjust for a contact switch. Hopefully their tech support can shed some light on this.

Bill

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:51 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Interesting. Group 1 is a "lifeline" association so it should be all that is needed for a controller, but it sounds like that isn't actually the case with this one.

You can manually try adjusting parameter 8 using the Interfaces->Z-Wave->Modify Configuration Parameter... menu item. I believe it will log an error if the module fails to set it so that would be a test to see if the parameter exists in the MIMO2+ as it does in Lite.

Posted on
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:05 am
whmoorejr offline

matt (support) wrote:
manually try adjusting parameter 8

Log states success, but then when you try to read the current value of parameter 8,
Code: Select all
   Z-Wave Error                    failed to read value -- device may not support parameter 8 or may be asleep

I then looked at other forums (Homeseer, Vera, ISY, etc....) and it looks like those guys are having similar issues with the consensus being to stick with the MIMOLite.

I think either way I'll stick with the 2+ because even if the binary input was reporting properly, I would still want to use a virtual device to have relay and status on one device.

From FortrezZ
Hello Bill,
Thank you for your time during the previous phone conversation.

I just double-checked the parameters that could be changed in order to display the input information as binaries but the command class "COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY" is only applicable for the relays, not inputs, so it will not work either.
For information about the thresholds, please refer to page 3 and 4 of the manual https://www.homecontrols.com/homecontro ... pendix.pdf

Unfortunately, there's no further information on the binary setting being available on Mimo2, as you can see, the parameter 8 is not used, unlike the Mimo Lite, so the inputs can only be displayed as analogs in the Mimo 2.

Thank you for your understanding.
Cheers.

Usage Update: Easier than I thought. I created a toggle garage door action which just toggles the relay. I use that 1 action for the virtual device on, off and toggle. A variable provides the state of the virtual device (populated by a trigger from the MIMO analog... Over 500 = off. Under 500 = on. ) I then edited my old garage door device (Insteon I/O link) and changed the device type to virtual device. Most stuff accepted the change from I/O to virtual device without issue. I had to update some control pages, but that only took about 5 minutes, edit a security python script, and then another couple minutes to get it re-synced with HomeKit.

Bill

Posted on
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:17 am
welchgregusa offline

I seem to have the same outcome as @brianlloyd — I am unable to make the binary inputs change under any circumstances — they remain off all the time.

My use is a little different, but the outcome the same. I have UV-C in-duct air purifier units on each of my two HVAC air handlers. With each I have installed UV-C light sensor modules that return a voltage from 0-5 VDC depending on the magnitude of UV-C light. I'm using them to determine whether the air purifier units are functioning, i.e. whether the UV-C lights (LED) are actually on. (It is difficult to tell visually, and there are reports of these units having failed in the past.)

I've read all of the posts on this topic, including Matt's, and nothing I have tried makes the binary inputs transition on—they always remain off.

In fact I'm seeing two related issues: (1) I cannot get the binary inputs to trigger, and (2) "Trigger Between Thresholds - Report Analog on Change" seems to be reporting before the signal has fully transitioned.

W.r.t. the first issue (binary inputs), I have attached an annotated version of the diagram from p. 5 of the Mimo2+ Technical Appendix (https://bit.ly/3k1gNRv). When I unplug the UV-C source, the analog values drop to around 160. When I plug it in, the values rise to around 3500. I drew a red triangle (ramp up/down) to reflect this. I have tried many settings, such as those shown, but I never see the binary inputs change.

W.r.t. the second issue (reporting before the signal has fully transitioned), independent from the first issue, I've noticed that if I set the "input mode" to "Trigger Between Thresholds - Report Analog on Change" I do see a log entry when I pull/restore the plug (power to the UV-C unit), but it usually is not the full min or max—it might be half way. If I press "Send Status Request" on the device, the state immediately updates to full/final min or max. If I set the mode to "Trigger Between Thresholds - Report Analog Every 30 Seconds" it is delayed (of course) but seems to report the full/final min or max. I don' know if this behavior is a "bug" per se, or simply a result of my circumstances, e.g., perhaps the output of my UV-C sensors transition "too slowly" or even pause, or there is some other transition/timing mismatch.

I can work around both of these issues, e.g., I have triggers off the analog values like @brianlloyd, but it's puzzling. Having two hysteresis regions is a little unusual for me—as opposed to a single region, but I think I have appropriate settings based on the Technical Appendix language the postings in this topic, and yet no binary input joy.
Attachments
mimo2_anno.png
mimo2_anno.png (63.45 KiB) Viewed 2413 times