Control Page heat map motion icons

Posted on
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:03 am
mundmc offline

Control Page heat map motion icons

TL;DR (as the kids write)- keeping a Variable for seconds of inactivity in a given room, and using a Control Page Variable Image: anybody done this?

I have been toying with room-to-room occupancy. Motion detectors are necessary, but they have limitations. Some day, I will figure out how to make a plug-in that allows devices for “rooms” in efforts to use some logic to estimate occupancy, even when motion sensors fail, or when people are very still.

In the interim, I want to have a timer/counter for each room, tracking the time since the last activity (e.g. zwave locks, doors, motion sensors, insteon button-presses, tablet use, etc).

Moreover, I want to make some icons that correspond to the time elapsed since the last room activity, with images that change similar to a heat map (e.g. red for recent activity, clear or blue for distant activity).

The implementation is do-able, albeit tedious until I figure out plugins.

My question: has anybody implemented anything similar? C4W, I recall you having an impressive amount of logic in your room occupancy detection.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:33 pm
mundmc offline

Re: Control Page heat map motion icons

In case anybody stumbles upon this, I found a plugin that does this, I THINK in the Plugin Store. I need to refind it

Posted on
Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:03 pm
kw123 offline

There is pibeacon. That uses iBeacon to determine where the beacons are in the house then plots a symbol for each beacon on the map.

Posted on
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:16 am
mat offline

Yeah somebody has done this. Cant find the thread, but that may be where the plugin evolved from.

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:07 am
mundmc offline

kw123 wrote:
There is pibeacon. That uses iBeacon to determine where the beacons are in the house then plots a symbol for each beacon on the map.

What I had in mind was not specific to a beacon-wearer’s activity, but to general activity of a given room, with an overlay for Control Pages- I’ll find it.

Page 1 of 1