2gig ct100 thermostat

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:53 am
bsp9493 offline

2gig ct100 thermostat

I was looking for a thermostat that would work with a millivolt trigger (fireplace) and decided on the ct100.

so far seems to work ok, however, I have a question.

on the device itself, I can have it display temperature and set points in celsius. Indigo only seems to support Fahrenheit for display and commands.

Is there a way to change this so that I can read, send and display temperature commands from indigo in celsius?

sorry if I missed this, but I can't seem to find this anywhere...

Thank in advance

dave

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:29 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: 2gig ct100 thermostat

Only if the thermostat allows you to set it to work in Celsius. From your description it seems that the setting you found only translates the UI but not the underlying fundamental operation. There may be a Z-Wave config param that will change it - check the docs that came with it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:40 am
bsp9493 offline

Thank Jay...

The actual device 2gig ct100/ct101 has a toggle to flip from C to F, there is no other software interface that i am aware of that would allow the change.

I was hoping it was something in the native ct100 indigo driver.

I did go digging for some documentation on sending configuration param to the device, but didn't have much luck. I will keep looking. Thanx.

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:47 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo doesn't have any built-in capability to switch, it must be supported by the hardware. We do have a request for such a feature on our request list for consideration in future releases.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:12 pm
bsp9493 offline

found it!!!! looks like the device does support commands...

I'm guessing parameter 10... now just have to figure out the command...

This is my 1st device with z-wave, so now I have a new learning curve :)

Thanx Jay!!!!!

Posted on
Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:24 pm
bsp9493 offline

forgot the document for other's reference
Attachments
ct100 commands 9.jpeg
ct100 commands 9.jpeg (492.73 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
ct100 commands 8.jpeg
ct100 commands 8.jpeg (465.24 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
ct100 commands 7.jpeg
ct100 commands 7.jpeg (460.84 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
ct100 commands 6.jpeg
ct100 commands 6.jpeg (405.05 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
ct100 commands 5.jpeg
ct100 commands
ct100 commands 5.jpeg (497.03 KiB) Viewed 4265 times

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:43 am
bsp9493 offline

Thanx Jay...

Sorry for cross posting...

Just noticed one of the users in that thread had some knowledge on the raw command and possibly the configuration parameters.

Seems next to impossible to find detailed information about that device:(

d

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:41 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Looking over the documentation I'm not so sure parameter 10 is going to what you want. As part of the command payload it does let you specify C or F, but that is to specify the lower and upper bounds threshold values that are part of the packet (that is, to specify if those values are in C or F). It doesn't say that changing the upper/lower reporting bound values with a given unit will actually change the reporting units by the module. It might and we can try to figure out the param #10 value to send to try it out, but I'm not too confident it will.

When you changed the UI toggle on the module itself (to F), had you already included the module with the Z-Stick and defined the device in Indigo? I'm wondering if the state that the module is in (for its UI) during the inclusion process is what will then be used for reporting. So try excluding the module from the Z-Stick and then re-including it. You might want to have excluding toggle the UI to C and then back to F before the inclusion. Not so sure that will help, but worth trying.

Lastly, take a look at the very handy Adapters Plugin. It will provide you with a virtual device state of the C value, I believe, which you can use on Control Pages (and for device state triggers, conditionals, etc.).

Posted on
Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:02 pm
bsp9493 offline

THANX MATT!!!!!

No where did you find that handy plug in? I usually don't post unless I've searched out all my options, guess I'm not using the correct search terms and totally missed that one. I didn't think I could be the only person with that issue (temperature conversion)

Thank you for the advice, I had done some research on zwave, and yes, it appears once you have enrolled a device, any changes you make to that device don't always seem to get carried forward. I did try the process you noted, exclude, make changes, include. Unfortunately, that did not seem to do the trick:(

I have 2 CT101's and I think what I am going to try is to totally remove them both, do a factory reset, get the displays setup the way I need it, then include. Basically start from scratch and see if that works.

If it does, I will make it known here.

In the meantime, thank again for directing me to that Adapters Plug-in - It works perfectly!!!

dave

Posted on
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:47 am
howartp offline

It’s on the new pluginstore, but to be fair to you it doesn’t contain the word convert/conversion in its description so you might struggle to search it. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:19 pm
Alain offline

Hi - were you ever able to get this working in deg C? Just received this unit and was disappointed when I realized it could only be used in deg F.

Thanks
Alain

Posted on
Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:33 pm
bsp9493 offline

sorry for the delay...

NO, other than the suggestion to use the adapters plugin that Matt noted.

that works, but not as well as having the device natively support degrees celcius.

My guess is the builtin indigo z-wave plug in is only setup for fahrenheit, but I could be wrong. The device itself does display in celsius when set that way.

If I had to do it all over again, I would NOT recommend this device... I needed a millivolt thermostat that runs on a battery (aa, 9v, whatever), was reasonably cheap and that was compatible with indigo, All i have available is the millivolt control wire, no power and no way to get power there. I am using it on a gas fireplace.

not a good device... no support for celsius, constantly glitchy, most times it connects, some times it doesn't:(

Still looking for a solution that is reasonably priced that works reliably, but tough to find something that supports millivolt, without a constant power wire.

d

Page 1 of 1