Parental control of ipads

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:32 am
Gusten offline

Parental control of ipads

Hi, anyone have any cool Idea of shut down iPads as a parent control from indigo.

I tried an iOS app called OurPact and from it I could shut down controlled devices, it would be cool if there was a way to do this from indigo somehow.

/Martin

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:24 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Parental control of ipads

Do you want to totally shut them down, or would just disabling the internet on them be good enough?

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:34 pm
Gusten offline

Total shutdown would be the preferd way, but disable internet is would be an option. I have UniFi wifi so maybe there is a way to connect those iPads to a separate network and turn that of.

Posted on
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:34 am
Vangelis offline

Have a look at the UniFi Controller API. You could put your kids iPads on their own SSID and disable that, or there might be a way to add a routing statement to 127.0.0.1

Vangelis

Posted on
Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:17 am
virgahyatt offline

I would check to see if they had Timed Access Control for unifi. You just designate what hours that particular mac address is allowed access. No need for a different SSID.

Also, I would suggest locking them instead of shutting down. Updates and backups will typically occur overnight when plugged in, connected to wifi and locked.

Page 1 of 1