Enable privacy mode on camera?

Posted on
Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:19 pm
lochnesz offline

Enable privacy mode on camera?

This is a long shot, but does anyone know if the "Enable privacy mode" option in Sharx Security cameras (same as Y-cam and a few other brands) can be enabled from Indigo in some way? My idea is to enable the privacy mode for the indoor cameras when we are at home. This could be done manually or automatically with geofences. I looked in Evocam too, but couldn't find that option.

Peter

Posted on
Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:53 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Enable privacy mode on camera?

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to a more appropriate forum.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:20 am
Vangelis offline

Unless the cameras have an open API, you might have to go about it another way..

For instance (and depending on your ADSL AP), you could have a python script to blackhole the RTSP stream from the cameras. Alternatively, you could also play with DNS and blackhole the internal cameras that way (need to make the TTL of the DNS Zone minimal)

The above suggestions kind of rely on your understanding of such technologies... :wink:

Vangelis

Posted on
Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:45 am
lochnesz offline

The option I am thinking of is to disable the switch port with snmp if the status is "at home". It would however be better to have the camera in privacy mode because it would still feed a stream (privacy image stream) so the clients would get the privacy feed instead of timeouts.

Peter

Page 1 of 1