Fibaro dimmer wiring colour schemes

Posted on
Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:31 am
durosity offline

Fibaro dimmer wiring colour schemes

Howdy doody! I'm finally starting to get my automation system up to spec, meaning no more bodge jobs that might be considered 'unsafe' (not that it is unsafe.. but if someone else was working on it they wouldn't nessesarily be able to work out what was what). However i'm a little unsure as to what colours should be used for Fibaro dimmers with 2 way and off retractive switches (as in press up and the room brightens, press down and it dims, then it returns to the middle). At the moment i've just got all brown wires to indicate live, but i'm not sure if that's correct. Anyone have any ideas? Anyone have a copy of the 17th edition of the wiring code for the UK? :D

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:34 pm
howartp offline

Re: Fibaro dimmer wiring colour schemes

I don't know the code, but it's theoretically as safe as you can get it; if anyone finds a brown wire then they should always assume it's live until they prove otherwise as brown = live.

If you use blue, they might assume it's neutral. If you use green/yellow, it might be earth.

Black is another option for live - in two-way circuits, three-core-and-earth wire is brown/blue/black with black often carrying the common, which is live depending on the switch state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:54 pm
durosity offline

Re: Fibaro dimmer wiring colour schemes

Yeah that's why I used brown, I just wasn't sure if there was a specified scheme for this scenario.

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1