Bluetooth Speaker

Posted on
Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:40 am
krissh offline

Re: Bluetooth Speaker

Here is the debug output from the Airfoil plugin:

Code: Select all
  Airfoil Debug                   runConcurrentThread: update()
  Airfoil Debug                   update method called
  Airfoil Debug                   update: Airfoil is running
  Airfoil Debug                   update: application sources: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(0), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(1), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(2), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(3), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(4), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(7)]
  Airfoil Debug                   update: device sources: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').device_sources.ID(5), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').device_sources.ID(10)]
  Airfoil Debug                   update: system sources: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').system_sources.ID(6)]
  Airfoil Debug                   Current Source: app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').application_sources.ID(7)
  Airfoil Debug                   update: speakers: [app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').speakers.ID(u'com.rogueamoeba.airfoil.LocalSpeaker'), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').speakers.ID(u'28CFE981147F@Krithe AirPort Express'), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').speakers.ID(u'A82066124310@mini'), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').speakers.ID(u'ACBC3270262E@Apple TV'), app(u'/Applications/Airfoil.app').speakers.ID(u'00-1d-df-6f-c0-05:output')]
  Airfoil Debug                   update: Computer (com.rogueamoeba.airfoil.LocalSpeaker) - Connected: 1
  Airfoil Debug                   update: adding to newKnownSpeakers for id: ID-com.rogueamoeba.airfoil.LocalSpeaker value: (u'Computer', u'connected')
  Airfoil Debug                   update: Krithe AirPort Express (28CFE981147F@Krithe AirPort Express) - Connected: 1
  Airfoil Debug                   update: adding to newKnownSpeakers for id: ID-28CFE981147F value: (u'Krithe AirPort Express', u'connected')
  Airfoil Debug                   update: mini (A82066124310@mini) - Connected: 0
  Airfoil Debug                   update: adding to newKnownSpeakers for id: ID-A82066124310 value: (u'mini', u'disconnected')
  Airfoil Debug                   update: Apple TV (ACBC3270262E@Apple TV) - Connected: 1
  Airfoil Debug                   update: adding to newKnownSpeakers for id: ID-ACBC3270262E value: (u'Apple TV', u'connected')
  Airfoil Debug                   update: JBL Flip 2 (00-1d-df-6f-c0-05:output) - Connected: 0
  Airfoil Debug                   update: adding to newKnownSpeakers for id: ID-00-1d-df-6f-c0-05:output value: (u'JBL Flip 2', u'disconnected')
  Airfoil Error                   Update failed. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning correctly and that there is only a single copy of the application on your hard drive.
  Airfoil Debug                   Update failed with exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 513, in update
    newKnownSpeakers[speakerId] = (speakerName, connStr)
ValueError: IllegalParameterError -- illegal XML tag name character

Posted on
Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:06 pm
virgahyatt offline

From the error it looks like it doesn't like the name for some reason. You might want to try renaming the speakers in the Bluetooth Preferences. Just right click on it.

Actually upon closer look:

update: adding to newKnownSpeakers for id: ID-ACBC3270262E value: (u'Apple TV', u'connected')
update: JBL Flip 2 (00-1d-df-6f-c0-05:output) - Connected: 0
update: adding to newKnownSpeakers for id: ID-00-1d-df-6f-c0-05:output value: (u'JBL Flip 2', u'disconnected')
Update failed. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning c

It's probably the id. None of the others include '-'. Not sure if you can do anything about that or not though.

Posted on
Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:25 pm
krissh offline

I tried as you suggested and changed the name from JBP Flip 2 to JBL. The name in Airfoil was not updated, still JBL FLip 2, even after restart, and the error in Indigo Airfoil is still the same.

If I try to output speaker list to Indigo log with bluetooth speaker connected I get the following:
  Airfoil                         No speakers available

If I do the same with the bluetooth speaker disconnected I get
  Airfoil                         Current Speaker List:
    Speaker: Krithe AirPort Express ID: 28CFE981147F
    Speaker: mini ID: A82066124310
    Speaker: Apple TV ID: ACBC3270262E
    Speaker: Computer ID: com.rogueamoeba.airfoil.LocalSpeaker

Conclusion is that it might be related to the ID as you say and that the Airfoil plugin either doesn't handle such IDs or doesn't handle bluetooth speakers.

Posted on
Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:48 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The current Airfoil plugin works with everything available in Airfoil 4.x. We're going to introduce a new Airfoil Pro plugin with Indigo 7 that will have several improvements, including full Airfoil 5 compatibility. It's pretty much a rewrite.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:24 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We're testing a fix for the bluetooth problem in Airfoil 5 and the current Airfoil plugin. I'll post more when we finish testing.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:27 pm
dz1rfj offline

Air Foil

On day 2 of my Trial, I had Airfoil 5.01 installed. it seems to work nicely with the Indigo software.

On day 4 of my testing, I went ahead, and purchased the Indigo software PRO.

Airfoil did an upgrade to 5.02, and I can not longer get Airfoil to work with Indigo. Airfoil alone still works fine.

The log in Indigo states this:

update: airfoil.isrunning() is returning false. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning correctly and that there is only a single copy of the application on your hard drive.
Airfoil Error update: airfoil.isrunning() is returning false. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning correctly and that there is only a single copy of the application on your hard drive.

I uninstalled every folder of Airfoil on my system. I even tried installing Airfoil version 4.92.

Same results. Please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks!

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:10 am
howartp offline

I'll try and have a play today; I haven't had chance yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:49 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Air Foil

dz1rfj wrote:
On day 2 of my Trial, I had Airfoil 5.01 installed. it seems to work nicely with the Indigo software.

On day 4 of my testing, I went ahead, and purchased the Indigo software PRO.

Airfoil did an upgrade to 5.02, and I can not longer get Airfoil to work with Indigo. Airfoil alone still works fine.

The log in Indigo states this:

update: airfoil.isrunning() is returning false. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning correctly and that there is only a single copy of the application on your hard drive.
Airfoil Error update: airfoil.isrunning() is returning false. Check to see if Airfoil is functioning correctly and that there is only a single copy of the application on your hard drive.

I uninstalled every folder of Airfoil on my system. I even tried installing Airfoil version 4.92.

Same results. Please let me know how to resolve this.

Are you positive when you downloaded the new Airfoil app, you replaced the old one with the new one? It seems quite coincidental that the problem happened right after you upgraded Airfoil. I just confirmed that it's working with 5.0.2 on my system. Did you happen to add any bluetooth speakers?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:32 pm
dz1rfj offline

Hi,

Yes - Last night,
(in this order)

uninstalled Airfoi
    uninstalled Indigo
    re-installed Airfoil
    re-installed Indigo
    Tried the demo database with Airfoil, no luck
    connected back with my Database, no luck
    Airfoil works fine
    Indigo has no airfoil variables
    Ingigo cannot see any airfoil speakers
    Indigo cannot see any airfoil applications

Please see attached PNG file for visual confirmation that these items work , and exist in Airfoil...

I am no MAC expert, and not sure what else to try.

Thanks for the help

Brian
Attachments
speakersNotShowing.PNG
speakersNotShowing.PNG (91.9 KiB) Viewed 4141 times

Posted on
Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:54 pm
simdude offline

I'm having a similar problem with Airfoil 5.0.2 and 1.1.11 of the plugin. I only have the computer and airplay speakers setup. Searched the drive and no other copies of Airfoil running. Adding a screen shot showing version of Airfoil. I'm not sure if this just happened with the 10.11.4 update or when Airfoil was updated. I looked at my logs before the update this morning and saw this message:

File "plugin.py", line 588, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 416, in update
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/appscript/reference.py", line 559, in isrunning
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/aem/aemconnect.py", line 130, in processexistsforpath
<class 'aem.ae.MacOSError'>: -43

2016-03-22 23:59:48.525   Airfoil Error   plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
2016-03-22 23:59:58.528   Airfoil Error   Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/appscript/reference.py", line 559, in isrunning
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/aem/aemconnect.py", line 130, in processexistsforpath

I know. I shouldn't have updated OS X so fast...... :oops:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 7.46.47 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 7.46.47 PM.jpg (184.52 KiB) Viewed 4115 times

Posted on
Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:22 pm
dz1rfj offline

Jay -

A million apologies!

When I checked for multiple copies of Airfoil, and deleted them from where they appeared to have been installed in \downloads,

and after searching several times on THIS MAC, it found only the one version.

Well, while poking around , I found a hidden folder library\applications or \application support, that I would find almost a dozen copies that did not show in the previous searched. Deleted them all...

Problem Solved...

Interestingly, after deleting all copies, and reinstalling , somehow my application remained, which tells me , that somewhere, some remnants of Airfoil configuration was still left behind... The Mac is a bit if a mystery to me in some regards, but after 5+ years of not reinstalling windows, I can't complain at all...

for all non mac experts like myself, and to possibly avoid additional support requests on this, it may be helpful to post a wiki on how to search for all Airfoil copies in the airfoil forum..

Thanks for trying to help me through it

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:03 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

simdude wrote:
I'm having a similar problem with Airfoil 5.0.2 and 1.1.11 of the plugin. I only have the computer and airplay speakers setup. Searched the drive and no other copies of Airfoil running. Adding a screen shot showing version of Airfoil. I'm not sure if this just happened with the 10.11.4 update or when Airfoil was updated. I looked at my logs before the update this morning and saw this message:

2016-03-22 23:59:48.525   Airfoil Error   plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
2016-03-22 23:59:58.528   Airfoil Error   Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

I know. I shouldn't have updated OS X so fast...... :oops:

This problem is completely unrelated to the other problem. The Python library that the plugin uses to talk to Airfoil is failing for some reason. I'll update and see if I can reproduce the error.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I just updated and everything is working for me.

-43 is a Mac OS X error code that means file not found. I wonder if there's something wrong/odd with your Airfoil installation - basically, it's trying to match a process to the application path, but it thinks the application file doesn't exist. So something is definitely wrong. You might want to try to run disk utility and repair anything it finds that's wrong with the disk.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:49 pm
simdude offline

A quick note for my own Airfoil problems. I also found that the Airfoil install was putting a copy of the application in ~/Library/Application Support. I deleted the entire folder ( ~/Library/Application Support/Airfoil) and all my issues went away.