Trigger for alarm

Posted on
Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:13 pm
MarcoGT offline

Trigger for alarm

Hi all,

in my current setup an e-mail is sent to me/my wife in motion is detected (or window/door is opened) when nobody is at home.
At the moment I use Indigo Touch when I close the main door but I bought a cheap tablet to fix on the wall; in this way I can use the control page I built or the Indigo Touch for Web to set engage alarm.
But then of course I open the main door to exit the flat I then e-mail will be sent.
How can I avoid this scenario? I mean, I would like 30 seconds "timeout" to give me enough time to leave the flat.
But I think that the variable will be sent to "true" as soon as I switch it on the control page/indigo touch, right?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:44 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Trigger for alarm

Create a 30 second timer and a trigger that fires when it expires that sets the variable to true. Then your control page would just enable the timer and 30 seconds later the alarm would be enabled.

See this wiki post for a description of how I implemented a full alarm system in my RV. It does this and much more.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:02 am
MarcoGT offline

After I wrote the post, I got the solution, thanks by the way also for the link :)

Posted on
Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:09 am
MarcoGT offline

I have a problem with the "entering" scenario.
Scenario is: alarm is armed and I am out of the house.
I enter the house and it starts the countdown...it does not go into "entering" mode and then the notification (siren+e-mail) are sent immediately (but I hear the countdown).
The notifications shall be sent only if "movement" is seen AFTER the 30s countdown...right?

There are several different times during the alarm lifecycle where you'll want to disarm:

While you're exiting. I don't know about you but it's pretty common for me to forget something only to remember it after I've started the arming process. Disarming must work while the alarmStatus variable is exiting.
When you enter the TT after the system has been armed - the alarmStatus variable will be set to entering.
When the alarm has faulted (the siren is going off, etc.). The alarmStatus variable will be set to fault.
So, the requirement is pretty simple for disarming: when we press and hold button #4 on Remote, and the alarmSystem variable is set to any of the above, we want to disarm the system. Therefore, the Alarm Button Held to Disarm trigger will be defined like this:

But it seems that alarmStatus is never set to "entering".

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:34 pm
kw123 offline

you should post the details of your config. e.g. screen shot of the action screen of your trigger. that makes it easier to help - otherwise it is very difficult to understand the problem

for example: each action has its own delay. they do not add to each other (as I understand it)
so if you have action 2 with 30 seconds delay and action 3 with 0 seconds delay action 3 might be executed before action 2..

Karl

Posted on
Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:48 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

MarcoGT wrote:
The notifications shall be sent only if "movement" is seen AFTER the 30s countdown...right?

No - the notifications will only be sent if the countdown expires and you haven't disabled the alarm. You need to revisit all the components in the entering scenario and make sure you have them implemented as described in the wiki article. Remember, this is a pretty advanced implementation as I say in the wiki article which has lots of moving parts. If any are not correct, then it's not going to work right.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1