Have Indigo make a phone call

Posted on
Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:53 am
Shutter offline

Have Indigo make a phone call

Receiving non-phone call notifications from Indigo is fairly well covered. I currently use a combination of emails and Pushover. But what I've been trying to figure out is a way to receive a notification when my iPhone is on Do Not Disturb and I'm away from home. They only way I can think of would be to have Indigo phone my iPhone using a number that I add to the allowed list so it rings even when DND is active. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? (If Apple allowed messages as well as calls from certain numbers then this would be perfect. Anyone installed iOS 8 and knows of any changes with DND?)

While I may consider installing a telephone communicator to my DSC alarm it wouldn't be able to communicate with Indigo and have it inform me of other important non-alarm events. Since I'm going to integrate the DSC with Indigo, ideally having Indigo do the communicating would cover all the bases.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Posted on
Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:40 am
durosity offline

Re: Have Indigo make a phone call

On the iOS 8 note, i'm curious as to if the extensions functionality may allow the future Indigo Touch app (or indeed any app) to know that the iPhone is receiving a call, dialing out, etc. If so and Indigo Touch could report this back to the server in real time that'd be amazingly useful for pausing the TV when a call comes in.. that kind of thing!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:53 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

You could probably use something like Twilio to perform the outgoing call. I've never used it, but it looks like it has a nice (and easy) API. I've had on my ToDo list for a very long time to investigate doing a Twilio plugin. Not sure if I'll get around to it though...

Posted on
Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:44 pm
Shutter offline

Thanks for the info, but a bit beyond me to integrate. I see another Indigo user is tackling this, which I hope makes it to the rest of us less able coders out there.

Page 1 of 1