Homelink to Insteon additional questions...

Posted on
Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:41 pm
P15-D24 offline

Homelink to Insteon additional questions...

Read thru the recommended docs and am still missing one piece of data. After linking my X10 rf xmitter to the EZX10RF how do I link to multiple inteon devices in Indigo. The article/docs refers to manually linking each insteon device to the EZX10RF. I'm assuming the EZX10RF has an Insteon address so it can be synced directly to Indigo. How? (I'm assuming I need to set up a scene in Indigo of devices I want ultimately controlled by HomeLink signal)

Running OS X 12.2.1 on 2018 Mac Mini, Indigo 2022.2
http://www.p15-d24.com

Posted on
Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:40 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Homelink to Insteon additional questions...

Once you have the remote and bridge connected and working, you will see in your Indigo log that it fires an On or Off message for Button 1 or 2 (my remote only has two buttons, I suppose others could have more...) At any rate, that allows you to set a trigger -- define a new trigger and select a type of "INSTEON Command Received", the X10-INSTEON Bridge as the device and look for "Received On Button/Group 1" (or 2 or whatever).

With that trigger in place you can execute any action(s) normally.

Adam

Posted on
Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:43 pm
P15-D24 offline

Thanks, that is straightforward.

New question any way to make the signal from the car HomeLink act as a toggle? I doubt it has the capability to send an "off" signal from the same button.
Is it possible on receipt of the "on" signal from the Homelink to test for the current state, (on or off) then reset it to the opposite of the current state? (First press on HomeLink turns the lights on, press the same button again, off) Or I guess I could program the third HomeLink to be the off button.

Posted on
Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:03 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Of course, anything is possible with Indigo! ;-) Others may be able to jump in here, but the best option I see in this case is to create two triggers for the button -- one with a condition of "If XX is on" and one for "If XX is off". Both will trigger, but only one will have its conditions met and execute. You could also handle this in various ways with scripting.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:47 pm
P15-D24 offline

OK, got the Homelink working from the cars. Now trying to set up the toggle function. Problem is when I try to set the condition in a Trigger I don't have the device "RF X10 to Insteon Bridge" available in the drop down list. So how I do approach this to set of the conditional test?

Posted on
Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:36 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Homelink buttons aren't stateful as far as I know - they always send the same command. So I'm a little confused about what you're going for here.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1