[ANSWERED]: Logging of temperature

Posted on
Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:40 am
robertgerman offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Logging of temperature

IndigoPLOT is still work in progress.

It is working for a lot of people and Karl (and others) have put a lot of effort into making things look nice, so I do think it is a viable option. The only reason I am not using it is that, if I understand it correct (dangerous words!), it must import the SQL Logger data into its own data structure; since I have it in the database already, that doesn't sit well with me as a programmer. :-) I know, I know weird things, but still...

I didn't mean to be disrespectful. "Work in progress" I meant for me, since I didn't figure it out right away ;-)

Thanks for the code. I'll give that a try right away!

Posted on
Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:50 am
robertgerman offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Hey Rob - my chart above (Gnuplot) uses the csplines line style which I chose for its smoothness.

Dave

Hey Dave,
Yeah, I gave the csplines a go and they always result in:

Code: Select all
Can't calculate splines, need at least 3 points

Do you have any suggestions on how to get that to work?

Many thanks!

Posted on
Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:19 am
DaveL17 offline

robertgerman wrote:
Can't calculate splines, need at least 3 points

I never saw that error myself, but I'm assuming that it means that Gnuplot needs at least 3 rows of data to be able to calculate the spline value. If you know that you have at least three rows of data (you shouldn't include any header rows) then I would take a look at the code that queries the data.

Code: Select all
plot DATAFILE using 1:2 every ::3 title column with lines ls 1 smooth csplines
The line generated from the above code uses columns 1 and 2 of my data ("using 1:2") and begins with the third row ("every::3").

So I would start by taking a look at the structure of your data file, making sure that you're sampling with the first row of data that you want to plot, and that you have at least 3 observations (counting row 3 as the first in this example.) Then take a look at your PLOT line to see if it's grabbing your data properly. If you're still having trouble, let me know and we'll do what we can to get you going.

Dave

EDIT: I should add that EVERY will count blank lines, so if you have more than one block of data, you should take the blank lines into account.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:37 am
kw123 offline

It means that there is a gap in the data with less than 3 contiguous data points. It happens when indigo is off more than 5 minutes or device is down. Things like that