Buying new TV, what works with Indigo?

Posted on
Sun May 08, 2022 2:35 pm
durosity offline

Re: Buying new TV, what works with Indigo?

ryanbuckner wrote:
i've found the Harmony plugin to be useful regardless of the TV

Unfortunately Logitech has killed the range, so wouldn't recommend going down that route.. who knows how long it'll be until they pull support for it completely.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon May 09, 2022 8:56 pm
jltnol offline

Re: Buying new TV, what works with Indigo?

So just a quick update... I've actually been able to get my LG TV under Indigo control... but its a process. I've actually am controlling it thru the Homebridge app, which in turn, can be controlled by Apple Home, which in turn can be controlled thru the HomeKitBridge by Indigo. All I'm really interested in is ON and OFF, as I use my TV simply as a monitor and not much else. There are devices that are in Indigo that I've ported over to Apple Home, and the TV is in Apple Home via Homebridge. So it was pretty easy to setup some basic automation in Apple Home so what when devices in Indigo and Home are on, the TV is turned on automatically.... and off as well.

Of course, all this will come to an end soon as the HomeKitBridge won't be updated and will cease to work in the near future. But I'm hoping that something will take its place and keep this weird work-around working.

A very 'round about way to make it work... but I love my LG OLED TV, and it was the 2nd to last thing for me to get working (at least partially) thru Indigo.