Help Needed - Powersupply for 12 Velux Remotes

Posted on
Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:26 am
AndyVirus offline

Help Needed - Powersupply for 12 Velux Remotes

Hello,

I currently have 6 velux remote controls wired to an easydaq usb powered and controlled relay board to control the up and down button presses.
The remotes are powered by 2xAAA batteries.
I would like to strip off the plastics completly and have all the boards powered from something like USB, if possible.

So my assumption would be that USB is 5v 0.5A (USB 2 ports on my Mini) and i need 3v for each remote.

How would i achieve the above? For a single device i could do something simular to this thread: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=10903, but for up to 12 devices, I assume i would need a different design?

Anyone with electrical engineering knoledge for the cleanest way to do this?
Attachments
veluxinside2.jpg
Insides of the remote wired (Credit to DomoPat)
veluxinside2.jpg (32.19 KiB) Viewed 3741 times
veluxremoteinside1.jpg
Insides of the remote
veluxremoteinside1.jpg (31.24 KiB) Viewed 3741 times
veluxrelaymess.jpg
Current Working Solution
veluxrelaymess.jpg (73.85 KiB) Viewed 3741 times

Posted on
Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:46 pm
kw123 offline

Re: Help Needed - Powersupply for 12 Velux Remotes

You could use the shown circuit but you need to change the resistor values to get to 3 v. One UBS can easily supply enough current. If you need help in calculating the resistors let me know. It is something like (r1+r2)/r1 =3. ... Check out the website for the LM circuit Or you buy a 3 v power supply. You get them for $3 at amazon

[EDIT]
not $3 but $5
http://www.amazon.com/3V-Adapter-Power-5-5-2-1mm/dp/B009SNGQXU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427409983&sr=8-1&keywords=3v+power+supply
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:31 am
AndyVirus offline

Re: Help Needed - Powersupply for 12 Velux Remotes

Thanks! About to add another blind so coming back to this.

Im a little older and a little (tiny) wiser so will post what i have. For now ill use a prototype board but the end goal is to print a nice case for all this once done (once i learn how to design and print 3d objects, printer on order)

I think the resister is the way to go for simplicity and size. will plan it all out on 123D first.

Page 1 of 1