Pentair Intellitouch Plugin

Posted on
Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:41 am
farberm offline

Re: Pentair Intellitouch Plugin

Alain wrote:
It's a real pain. My Autelis box is dying. I needed to find a solution too.

In the end, you don't need it.

I don't plan on moving away from Indigo, but there are two ways to integrate the Intellitouch brick into Home Assistant (with no other boxes, just communicating over IP with the Pentair brick). Someone better at coding than me could do whatever they did with Home Assistant to integrate it into Indigo (the same way they did it with Home Assistant - one of the ways they do it is with MQTT).

The workaround I am almost done implementing is: I have started running Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi, and used a Home Assistant integration that talks directly to the Pentair brick from Home Assistant. Works really well on its own. I have now written python scripts for actions and statuses within Indigo to talk to Home Assistant using Home Assistant's REST API. So in a way, the Raspberry Pi running Home Assistant "replaces" the Autelis box (but the Raspberry Pi talks to the Pentair brick over the LAN, not over a serial connection). Quite a workaround, I know. Might have been better off figuring out how to talk to the brick directly from Indigo.

Happy to share specifics if anyone is interested.

Alain

I am using the pentair add-on for home assistant but it does not track Freeze Mode State. Is there a way to get this to work?
Thanks in advance

Posted on
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:12 pm
Alain offline

Hi - you would have to ask the original developers of the Home Assistant integration. I have only figured out how to interface to it from Indigo (sort of!).

Sorry
Alain

Posted on
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:20 pm
farberm offline

Thanks for the update. I see that there are circuits for the HA Mqtt integration but not sure that it tracks Freeze mode?

Any way to determine which circuit is for what without trial and error?

Posted on
Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:27 pm
farberm offline

Flying Diver:

I am using the new plugin, and while I see it communicate with my link.... it is reporting info for only temperatures (spa, pool and air), I do not see all the prior circuitry info and info for chemistry that used to be available with the prior version.

I have not done so, but do I need to delete all my AUX circuits and Pol intellitouch equipment and start from scratch to get all the information into the updated plugin working again... like freeze mode etc...

Posted on
Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:42 pm
FlyingDiver offline

farberm wrote:
Flying Diver:

I am using the new plugin, and while I see it communicate with my link.... it is reporting info for only temperatures (spa, pool and air), I do not see all the prior circuitry info and info for chemistry that used to be available with the prior version.

I have not done so, but do I need to delete all my AUX circuits and Pol intellitouch equipment and start from scratch to get all the information into the updated plugin working again... like freeze mode etc...

I did not have anything to do with the Autelis plugin. The store page is incorrect, the plugin I redid only works with the iLink serial adapter.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:40 pm
farberm offline

I am sorry if I did not make that clear in my post, but the ilink adapter is what I am using. Iam not using Autelis

I connect thru the network socket 192.168.x.x:4999 (which is what I have always used) I have he debug function on and I am only seeing temp info. Here is some debug info if that is helpful....

Code: Select all
Stopped plugin "Pentair Pool 2022.0.2"
   Starting plugin "Pentair Pool 2022.0.2" (pid 96477)
   Started plugin "Pentair Pool 2022.0.2"
   Pentair Pool                    Serial Port Open at socket://192.168.2.73:4999

Pentair Pool Debug              Pentair: b'!00 AIRTMP = 40 F'
Pentair Pool Debug           Pentair: b'!00 POOLTMP = 54 F'
Pentair Pool Debug           Pentair: b'!00 SPATMP = 48 F'

Not sure if I need to delete all the previous equipment and restart fresh?

Posted on
Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:47 pm
FlyingDiver offline

farberm wrote:
I am sorry if I did not make that clear in my post, but the ilink adapter is what I am using. Iam not using Autelis

I connect thru the network socket 192.168.x.x:4999 (which is what I have always used) I have he debug function on and I am only seeing temp info. Here is some debug info if that is helpful....

Code: Select all
Stopped plugin "Pentair Pool 2022.0.2"
   Starting plugin "Pentair Pool 2022.0.2" (pid 96477)
   Started plugin "Pentair Pool 2022.0.2"
   Pentair Pool                    Serial Port Open at socket://192.168.2.73:4999

Pentair Pool Debug              Pentair: b'!00 AIRTMP = 40 F'
Pentair Pool Debug           Pentair: b'!00 POOLTMP = 54 F'
Pentair Pool Debug           Pentair: b'!00 SPATMP = 48 F'

Not sure if I need to delete all the previous equipment and restart fresh?

So you're using some sort of network serial extender? Not a direct connection to the Mac? Not that it matters, since it's obviously connecting OK.

I've never seen the iLink report freeze info or chemistry info, but that might be because my system doesn't have either. If you can capture a debug log showing where the iLink is reporting that data but the plugin isn't processing it properly, then I can try to fix it. Without that, I got nothing. If you can do that, create an issue on the GitHub repo.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:02 am
FlyingDiver offline

All discussion on this plugin should now be here: viewtopic.php?f=216&t=27668

joe (aka FlyingDiver)