Pentair Intellitouch Plugin

Posted on
Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:07 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Pentair Intellitouch Plugin

That command is not in the plugin. I think you'll need to turn it on at the control panel, then use the temp set point to control it.

It could be added to the plugin fairly easily. I might do it if Jeremy isn't interested.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:21 pm
farberm offline

That would be great if you could. I am using it with homebridge and can now control the lights and waterfall via Siri

Posted on
Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:38 pm
Swancoat offline

The heater should turn on automatically when you turn on the spa circuit (Per Pentair's logic, not the plugin's).

If you have the Spa set to 100 and heat, then that's all you have to do.
Pool will be set to some much lower temp, and you'll likely have the heat deactivated for it.

The nice thing is even when the pool is running, you don't have to shut it off. Just turn the spa on, the Pentair logic at that point turns off pool (and confirms on the serial port so the plugin will update) and then the spa should start heating.

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:42 pm
FlyingDiver offline

True, that's the way mine is programmed too. But if I want to turn on the heater for the pool (not the spa) without messing with the setpoint, the plugin won't do it.

I actually already have most of the changes in place if you want me to send you the modified plugin.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:45 pm
farberm offline

that would be great

Posted on
Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:47 pm
tagyoureit offline

I've been working on decoding the Pentair protocol (not necessarily for indigo), but the work you all have done and we have done can help move both projects forward. https://github.com/tagyoureit/nodejs-Pentair

Posted on
Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:53 pm
rhanson offline

Has anyone seen a different preamble than the FF 00 FF A5?

Mine, a Pentair Intellitouch 9+3 and Chlor, installed around 2011 [firmware updated in 2015], sends a different stream: <padding FF's> FF 00 01 .... Other than the preamble, the payload seems to match what everyone has documented. Although I haven't gottten around to some of the more complicated packets yet.

Unsurprisingly, the Pentair plugin and no one's off the shelf code works, because it doesn't see a matching preamble.

Before I dig deeper and modify the code, just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this.

Also, is the Pentair plugin on github so I can fork it?

--- edit --

So I took a look at the plugin code, and it's definitely parsing a text-based protocol. That's not what I see on the 485 line, so I must be misunderstanding something. Oh well. I'll RTFM from the beginning. I'll leave this post here for everyone's entertainment.

Posted on
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:28 pm
Alain offline

Hi - I need to upgrade my pool control equipment to be controllable from Indigo - thank you for this plugin.

Does your plugin support the pump speed control capabilities of the intellitouch? Even if just hi/low?

Thanks

Posted on
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:13 pm
Swancoat offline

Your pool will need an Intellitouch panel controlling it's operations, and then an iLink serial protocol adapter. (I am currently modifying the plugin to also work with an Autelis Automation adapter for Pentair).

As for the pumps, the plugin can only control them to the extent that their capabilities are exposed in the the serial protocol (which is basically the preprogrammed rates for pool, spa, etc...).

Posted on
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:48 pm
Swancoat offline

I've updated the Pentair Pool plugin with some fairly significant changes. Most significantly, the plugin will now work with either the Pentair iLink serial adapter (as it has in the past), or the Autelis Pool Control for Pentair Intellitouch. When using with the Autelis interface, there is more information/functionality available.

I developed these changes after my Pentair iLink adapter failed (again) and so I haven't been able to test the plugin with the iLink adapter. It SHOULD work, but inevitably there may be some small issues or oversights that need correcting.

I have also restructured the plugin in ways that will be fairly significant and likely require some tweaks to how you use it (triggers, etc...). Ultimately, I made these changes due to a combination of adding functionality and making things a bit more logical.

Notable Changes:
-Auxiliary circuits: These are basically unchanged. Things that were initially set up as a simple on/off (like a light, or waterfall feature) are still set up that way.

-Pool and Spa: These are now set up as simple auxiliary circuits and will no longer carry the temperature data.

-Pool and Spa Heat: These are new devices. For a Pool or Spa that is heated, you can set up a 'Heater' device. This device will appear in Indigo as a thermostat. These show the temperature of the pool/spa, if it is set to heat or not, what the heat set point is and if it is actively heating. (Heater operation status requires the Autelis interface). Control of the heater mode and set points is carried out through the standard thermostat interface and so the old 'Adjust Set Point' action has been removed. Note, that due to the way that the systems report temperature, both systems will report both temps. Hopefully in a future update I'll try to only update temps for whatever is running.

-Intellitouch Panel: There is a new device type called 'System' that represents the Intellitouch Panel and will report many 'general' pool states. This reports the salt level (yay!), the air temperature, the chlorination rate of the salt cell for pool and spa, any chlorinator errors, status of the various sensors and a few other things. Almost all of this information is only updated on Autelis systems.

-Temperature Adjusted Salt Level: Although the salt level is available with the Autelis interface, there's still an issue with the salt levels Pentair measures in the first place in that the measurement is sensitive to temperature. It's always annoyed me that this seems to be a 'known' quirk, but even with temperature data available, no correction is made. To that end, I've added an additional state to the Intellitouch Panel which is the Temperature Adjusted Salt Level which uses a very basic linear correction in order to reduce some of the fluctuations in reported level. Any feedback on how well this is (or isn't) working is appreciated.

-Air Temperature: The previous version of the plugin reported the system's air temperature to a variable. As air temperature is now a state of the 'System' device, the variable will no longer be updated.

-Chlorination Rate: There is now an action available to set the salt cell chlorination rate for both pool and spa (Autelis only).

-Super-Chlor: There is now an action available to set the chlorinator to 'Super-Chlorinate' (Autelis only). Hours of super-chlorination remaining is available on the 'System' device.

-I've tried to make the plugin a bit more robust for minor network/serial port interruptions.

If you're upgrading from the older version:
-Auxillary Circuits: You don't need to do anything.
-Pool/Spa Devices. You will need to delete the current devices, and add a new 'Circuit' for Pool and for Spa, and a 'Heater' for Pool and Spa. You cannot add the circuit devices while the current Pool and Spa devices exist (but you can add the heaters at any time).
-Add the 'system' devices.

The plugin has been posted to the plugin store.

Posted on
Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:47 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I installed the new plugin, I'll do some testing tomorrow while the pool is normally running.

Is the Autelis a drop in replacement for the iLink? I might be interested in upgrading.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:34 pm
Swancoat offline

Pretty much, except no serial port, connects directly to IP, but is powered off of the 4 wire connection. Has its own web interface too. Honestly, for anyone buying new, there’s no reason to get the iLink. Autellis is cheaper and does more.

Posted on
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:18 pm
jalves offline

Appreciate the update. It will inspire me to actually get my interface working again. ;)

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:29 pm
farberm offline

I am using your new plug-in with link adapter. When I set up Pool for intellitouch circuit it reads that the pump is off when it is on. Not sure why. It reads the Pool and spa temperature correctly and the spa pump reads on correctly?

Posted on
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:46 pm
Swancoat offline

Ahh, almost certainly related to The way Pentair weirdly refers to the pool status as PUMP and something I didn’t adjust for correctly. Should be able to correct that this week.

Page 5 of 11 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11