GE Caddx NX-8E

Posted on
Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:38 am
farberm offline

Re: GE Caddx NX-8E

Seems like I am having issues with how the Zones are recognizing. With the older plugin the "state" was listed as "green dot normal and date and time" like Zone
18 in the attachment. When I assign the Zone Sensor type then I lose the date and time designation like in Zones 6-17 in image. I deleted Zone 5 and recreated system devices. It now only reads "off" and Interestingly the Zone 5 device settings for the newly Created Zone 5 device it did not automatically get the Zone Type Level 1, 2 and 3 from the system? I had to manually decide what they should be...?

I do not want to delete all my old Zones and recreate them cuz it appears to not be tracking the Zones correctly?

It does eliminate the error however
Any thoughts?
Attachments
zones.jpg
zones.jpg (457.82 KiB) Viewed 2596 times

Posted on
Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:32 pm
farberm offline

From what I can determine the "Zone State" is NOT being updated on any of the zones. I am interfacing thru a network socket option port 4999. That should not matter since it is communicating with the NX-8e board based upon the event logs.

The reason why it was Zone 5 is that the motion detector was the zone being triggered. The same error occurs whichever window I opened (trigger)

With the old plugin every time a zone changes the plugin updates the zone status. from normal to triggered and has the time

As I mentioned above when I try and create system devices under the new plugin, then the Zone Type Level 1,2,3 are not detected either under Device Settings

Hope this helps let me know what additional information you need to track the issue down.

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:57 am
donhoffman offline

farberm wrote:
From what I can determine the "Zone State" is NOT being updated on any of the zones. I am interfacing thru a network socket option port 4999. That should not matter since it is communicating with the NX-8e board based upon the event logs.

The reason why it was Zone 5 is that the motion detector was the zone being triggered. The same error occurs whichever window I opened (trigger)

With the old plugin every time a zone changes the plugin updates the zone status. from normal to triggered and has the time

As I mentioned above when I try and create system devices under the new plugin, then the Zone Type Level 1,2,3 are not detected either under Device Settings

Hope this helps let me know what additional information you need to track the issue down.

No need to recreate any additional zones at this point. Now that you have recreated “Zone 5”, Send me the logs of a trigger on that zone. My own installation works fine and shows the behavior you expected, so we need to understand what the differences are in your installation.

The network socket thing is different, but I don’t think that is the issue as there would be other more serious failures if that were so.

Another thing that would be useful is to send me a screen dump of the state variables for Zone 5. You might have to resize the device detail display as there are a lot. Let me know if you don’t know how to do this and will send you an example from one of my own devices

Finally, what version were you upgrading from? The display you show did not look like the 1.3.0 I was running before the new release. Will show you an example later today or tomorrow as to what I see.

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:52 am
FlyingDiver offline

donhoffman wrote:
Another thing that would be useful is to send me a screen dump of the state variables for Zone 5. You might have to resize the device detail display as there are a lot. Let me know if you don’t know how to do this and will send you an example from one of my own devices

It's easier to do a right click on the device and do "Print Device Details to Log". Then post that.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:21 am
farberm offline

I was upgrading from version 7.4.3 (I think Karl edited the original one to handle some added functions)

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the old plugin and redid Zone 5. (So I am back to my original setup prior to any updates and ensured all zones were working.) The old plugin and Zones all work as expected.

I then installed the new (your version of the plugin). So Zone 5 has not been recreated (Currently)

I then printed Zone 5 Device Details and are below...

Also as you can see from the screen shot that none of the Zone status are updating...... Date and time is still yesterday.

Event Log------
Error device "Caddx_zone 005 - MOTION DETECTOR" state key onOffState not defined (ignoring update request)
Caddx Security System zone 005: 'Normal!' {MOTION DETECTOR }
Caddx Security System update zone status: zoneState device state value successfully updated with zone status message: zone: 5
Caddx Security System processing message: Zones Snapshot Message, block address: 0, group: zone 1 - zone 16

PRINT DEVICE DETAILS-------

Aug 28, 2022 at 10:09:25 AM
Embedded script executor host2 started
Script address : 5
batteryLevel : None
buttonGroupCount : 0
configured : True
description : security zone 005
deviceTypeId : zone
displayStateId : zoneDisplay
displayStateImageSel : SensorOn
displayStateValRaw : normal 08-27 17:18:55
displayStateValUi : normal 08-27 17:18:55
enabled : True
energyAccumBaseTime : None
energyAccumTimeDelta : None
energyAccumTotal : None
energyCurLevel : None
errorState :
folderId : 950673719
globalProps : MetaProps : (dict)
com.ians.caddx : (dict)
address : 5 (string)
bypassableType : 1 (string)
chime : 0 (string)
crossZone : 0 (string)
dialerDelay : 0 (string)
doubleEOLTamper : 0 (string)
entryExitDelay1 : 1 (string)
entryExitDelay2 : 0 (string)
entryGuard : 0 (string)
fastLoopResponse : 0 (string)
fire : 0 (string)
follower : 1 (string)
forceArmable : 0 (string)
groupBypassable : 0 (string)
in24HourFormat : 0 (string)
interior : 1 (string)
keySwitch : 0 (string)
keypadSounder : 1 (string)
listenIn : 1 (string)
localOnly : 0 (string)
partition1 : 1 (string)
partition2 : 0 (string)
partition3 : 0 (string)
partition4 : 0 (string)
partition5 : 0 (string)
partition6 : 0 (string)
partition7 : 0 (string)
partition8 : 0 (string)
restorable : 1 (string)
restoreable : 1 (string)
steadySiren : 0 (string)
swingerShutdown : 1 (string)
troubleZoneType : 0 (string)
yelpingSiren : 1 (string)
zoneDisplayName : MOTION DETECTOR (string)
zoneGroupDescription : no zone group match (string)
zoneGroupType : no zone group match (string)
zoneName : Caddx_zone 005 - MOTION DETECTOR (string)
zoneType : zoneTypeMotionInterior (string)
id : 23741975
lastChanged : 2022-08-28 10:08:37
lastSuccessfulComm : 2022-08-28 10:08:37
model : Security Zone
name : Caddx_zone 005 - MOTION DETECTOR
ownerProps : com.ians.caddx : (dict)
address : 5 (string)
bypassableType : 1 (string)
chime : 0 (string)
crossZone : 0 (string)
dialerDelay : 0 (string)
doubleEOLTamper : 0 (string)
entryExitDelay1 : 1 (string)
entryExitDelay2 : 0 (string)
entryGuard : 0 (string)
fastLoopResponse : 0 (string)
fire : 0 (string)
follower : 1 (string)
forceArmable : 0 (string)
groupBypassable : 0 (string)
in24HourFormat : 0 (string)
interior : 1 (string)
keySwitch : 0 (string)
keypadSounder : 1 (string)
listenIn : 1 (string)
localOnly : 0 (string)
partition1 : 1 (string)
partition2 : 0 (string)
partition3 : 0 (string)
partition4 : 0 (string)
partition5 : 0 (string)
partition6 : 0 (string)
partition7 : 0 (string)
partition8 : 0 (string)
restorable : 1 (string)
restoreable : 1 (string)
steadySiren : 0 (string)
swingerShutdown : 1 (string)
troubleZoneType : 0 (string)
yelpingSiren : 1 (string)
zoneDisplayName : MOTION DETECTOR (string)
zoneGroupDescription : no zone group match (string)
zoneGroupType : no zone group match (string)
zoneName : Caddx_zone 005 - MOTION DETECTOR (string)
zoneType : zoneTypeMotionInterior (string)
pluginId : com.ians.caddx
pluginProps : emptyDict : (dict)
protocol : Plugin
remoteDisplay : True
sharedProps : com.indigodomo.indigoserver : (dict)
states : States : (dict)
alarmMemoryCondition : 0 (string)
bypassMemory : 0 (string)
bypassedCondition : 0 (string)
faultedOrDelayedTrip : 0 (string)
inhibitedForceArmed : 0 (string)
lastNormal : 2022-08-27 17:18:55 (string)
lastTriggered : 2022-08-27 17:18:51 (string)
lossOfSupervision : 0 (string)
lowBattery : 0 (string)
tampered : 0 (string)
troubleCondition : 0 (string)
zoneDisplay : normal 08-27 17:18:55 (string)
zoneNumber : 5 (integer)
zoneState : normal (string)
subModel :
subType :
supportsAllLightsOnOff : False
supportsAllOff : False
supportsStatusRequest : False
version : None
Attachments
zone2.jpg
zone2.jpg (440.78 KiB) Viewed 2557 times

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:14 am
donhoffman offline

Now thinking that we are working off different base versions. Fixable. Need you to tell me the version number you used before my update. You can get that in the Info.plist file at the top of the bundle. If you can remember would be good to know the download site. I did not have an official repo to work off of, so may be some drift I need to work out.

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:41 am
farberm offline

Page 3 of this thread from Karl (kw123)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7znyi3hwnrai ... 3.zip?dl=1

Posted on
Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:44 am
farberm offline

According to the page 3 thread... Version 7.42 and version 7.43... Karl fixed some communication errors and edited to handle 32 zones...

Posted on
Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:48 pm
donhoffman offline

Did not have time to work on the until today, but spent morning looking over the diffs between 1.3.0 (which I started from) with Karl's 7.4.3 (which I should have started from). The differences were not great, but sufficient to cause the issues seen above. (Thanks for the pointer to the correct version.)

Started to port over the differences this afternoon. Not a huge amount of work and half the changes were made moot by refactoring I did. Should have something to test in a day or so.

And that is the rub. Not at the MT house where my Caddx panel is right now, so not a slam dunk to generate test events. Going to have to create a mock interface to inject panel event messages to test. That will probably add another hour or so of coding..

So guessing late this week for a new drop for testing given current available time.

I will also send a DM to the Indigo folks to remove the download page for the 1.3.0 version at https://www.indigodomo.com/library/228/. That is what threw me off, and I did not take the time to go over all the messages in the thread to see the correct latest version. That is on me, but the link no longer serves a useful purpose.

Posted on
Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:08 pm
farberm offline

Sorry about adding work but I think it’s for the best. Karl
Foxed a few things and my system has always been stable.

Happy to help test some more.

Posted on
Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:53 pm
donhoffman offline

farberm wrote:
Sorry about adding work but I think it’s for the best. Karl
Foxed a few things and my system has always been stable.

Happy to help test some more.

No work I would not have had to do anyway.. My fault for not reading all the messages in this thread.

Posted on
Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:51 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

donhoffman wrote:
I will also send a DM to the Indigo folks to remove the download page for the 1.3.0 version at https://www.indigodomo.com/library/228/. That is what threw me off, and I did not take the time to go over all the messages in the thread to see the correct latest version. That is on me, but the link no longer serves a useful purpose.

I just replaced the file download with the one above from Karl. I will remove it once the updated plugin gets into the Plugin Store.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:11 am
farberm offline

Tested and the prior error is now resolved.

Thanks.

Also the Zones seem to be updating time stamp correctly also.

Posted on
Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:57 pm
donhoffman offline

Re: GE Caddx NX-8E (Version 8.0.1 - Python 3 compatible)

Release 8.0.1 of my refactored version of this plugin can now be found on my GitHub page here.

Based off of @kw123's release 7.4.3 and compatible with Indigo 2022.1 or later and Python 3. Some major refactoring done from the original version due to lack of self control so be on look out for any new bugs. Many of the old bugs are still there, but this version should be significantly more solid on handling incoming messages from panel.

Note that this version should run fine at serial bit rates up to 38400 bps (which is what I run on my own panel).

Please submit bug reports as Issues on my GitHub project.