GE Caddx NX-8E

Posted on
Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:34 am
4billl offline

Re: GE Caddx NX-8E

I checked the User Contribution Library under Hardware and Security sections. I could not find any CaddX (or NetworX) files. I also searched for Caddx & NetworX. Could Ian or Jay or somebody direct me to such a file?
--thanks--

Posted on
Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:39 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I just got an email from Ian yesterday - I believe he should be posting it in the File Library soon.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:20 am
crsherman offline

Ian,
I am in the process of implementing your plugin with the NX-584e. I have a few questions if you or others can help:

1.) Since my computer is far removed from the netwox panel - has anyone any experience with using the Global Cache iTACH wfi2sl for connecting a pc to the nx-584?
2.) Should the serial cable be a null modem cable or provide hand shaking capability?
3.) Can the plugin actually arm the system?
4.) Is there a way you could provide more information on your setup in regards to how you control the system?
5.) I have downloaded the nx-584e manual and have read it front to back several times - are there other documents or instructions available to download?
6.) Can you provide your settings for module locations 0 through 4? If i am reading correctly these actually set the following features:

location -0 ASCII or binary
location -1 baud rate
location -2 transition based broadcasting
location -3 command/request ( i am struggling with this setting in particular)
location -4 LCD keypad address

Any help would certainly be appreciated!

Posted on
Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:36 am
HA1 offline

Has there been any activity on this? Any further documentation on setup instructions?

Posted on
Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:28 pm
decouto offline

Re: GE Caddx NX-8E / Concord

Hi all,

I am working on connecting my GE Concord Alarm Panel to Indigo via the SuperBus automation module which gives an rs-232 interface.

For a while I thought it would be the same as the CADDX panel, but I've seen the docs for the two protocols (Caddx vs. concord) and they are quite different.

So far I have some snippets of python code for talking to a Concord panel, but I don't actually have the interface hardware module. If you are willing to try out some very alpha code and let me know if does anything useful, please be in touch.

Eventually I will be turning it into a full-fledged plugin an am studying some of the existing ones.

Thanks

Doug

Posted on
Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:10 pm
freshwuzhere offline

Hi Decouto,

I am in the same situation - I have some other Serial plugins I am working on (much simpler than the Concord) which I will finish first - if you want to collaborate on this happy to - or can wait till I get around to it.

I'll keep you posted but likely timing is New Year - Feb.

Posted on
Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:57 pm
decouto offline

OK, check out more info on this thread, got it working.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10987

Posted on
Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:49 pm
4billl offline

Has anyone gotten the CaddX a.k.a. NetworX Plug-In working?
I could not find any version - beta or otherwise.
I would like to integrate my NX-8e alarm system into my Indigo system. So far I have been using the NX-508e output module. But I would really like better integration where I could see zone as well as system status.
Thanks

Posted on
Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:31 am
4billl offline

Whatever happened on the CaddX NX-8e / NX-584e Plug-in?
I haven't ever seen any reference to what serial adapter to interface to Indigodomo or even a complete listing of the CaddX programming options.
The last entry in the User Library is dated Aug of 2011, and the only documentation I can find is "Indigo 6 Plugin for Caddx NetworX Series Security System (version 1.3.0)" which seems to truncate just before the final programming options.

Also, is it possible to use an FTDI serial port adapter for the Indigodomo end?

In the meantime I have implemented digital inputs using an NX-508e.
But the information is very limited. So I am still interested in using the serial interface..

Posted on
Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:46 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

It's available in the File Library.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:41 pm
4billl offline

Yes - it is not complete. And it does not address how to interface the NX-584e to Indigidomo - serial port adapter?

Posted on
Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:00 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The plugin developer would need to address those questions.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:27 pm
4billl offline

How do I get in touch with the developer? According to the File Library, the contribution is from Ian Sibley. But I don't see any posts from him on this forum.

Posted on
Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:37 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

4billl wrote:
How do I get in touch with the developer? According to the File Library, the contribution is from Ian Sibley. But I don't see any posts from him on this forum.

Check the 4th post on this thread - it's by him.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:00 am
kw123 offline

although this seems old, I just got one off these NX-8-v2 and NX-854E interface card and cell modem (upgraded from a 30 year old version w no battery backup ..)

Have the plugin running.. some minor changes (some error checking, versions, updateStatesOnServer -- 40 state updates down to 1 ...),
still trying to understand it better.

====> -- !!! THIS MuST HAVE BEEN A MAJOR PIECE OF WORK!!!! respect for the author!!

I like that is is old fashioned == no internet connection, just a serial port. The communication works - with some transition errors.. need to fine-tune timeouts .. with the mac-pro

Here my question: ANYONE using this or interested in using it?

Karl