TP-Link Plugin - How To (v0.1.2)

Posted on
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:40 am
CliveS offline

Re: TP-Link Plugin - How To (v0.1.2)

jay (support) wrote:
Thanks, I've added all of these. Anyone else try any of the others?

HS110 Plug with Energy Monitoring

CliveS

Indigo 2023.2.0 : macOS Ventura 13.6.3 : Mac Mini M2 : 8‑core CPU and 10‑core GPU : 8 GB : 256GB SSD
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:05 am
johnpolasek offline

I ordered a Kasa KL100 bulb on Amazon, since it's less that $15, the plugin finds the device, but it gets a "not in dict" error on trying to save it... are lights not in the allowable devices?

Update: turned on debug and looked into hacking my way into adding the bulb myself; the get_sysinfo dict is slightly different in that lights do not include the mac , although they do have a mic-mac item which holds the MAC address without the colons and the relay_state:0/1 is replaced with a light_state:dict which includes not only on_off:0/1 but a whole host of items concerning color . I have gotten the plugin to accept the light and read it's on_off state, but can't get the protocol to accept the set command... and unfortunately, I don't understand JSON well enough to figure out the correct syntax... I also looked at replacing the softScheck tplink-smart-plug code with the pytho0n-Kasa tpling-device code below the plugin, but couldn't make sure all the changes were correct to deal with the relay_state specific items in plugin;py... I can give the dict to anyone who knows the code better and is interested.

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:50 am
pgershon offline

Just bought and installed a Kasa HS220 dimmer. On/off controlled by plugin, although it is identified as an outlet (no differentiation between outlets and switches). Would be great if we could instruct to dim/brighten lights too. I may play around with it if I have time, but I did not see commands for TP-Link protocol brighten and dim anywhere.

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:04 pm
jtburgess offline

I just bought a Kasa KL110 dimmable bulb, with the intent of creating a new aTP-link Model for dimmable devices.
When that is close to working I’ll post a beta. Then you can choose to make it this new Model.
It won’t distinguish between a dimmable bulb and a dimmable wall switch, but if they behave the same, is that important?

Note: there are a couple of other Kasa Smart Bulbs, KL120 with chooseable “whiteness” (warm to cool), and KL130 with full color changing capabilities.
I’m not sure how these fit into the indigo model - are there other supported color-changing bulbs?
Is anyone interested in either of these?

Posted on
Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:17 pm
johnpolasek offline

I would expect them to be "custom states" similar to all the options you see in the various z-wave sensors and door locks. Personally, I'd be happy if Indigo treated them as RO items pulled out of the sysinfo:light_state dict the way the rssi is in the current relay devices, although I am sure some folks would like to have all the ones that are settable from the KASA app available in the device configuration dialog and from Python scripts... but that's way above my pay grade. I'd be happy just to get on_off working and do all the dimming and hue and color and fade in and out stuff from the app if necessary.

Posted on
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:00 pm
jtburgess offline

Thanks, John
That's definitely how I'll start -- that is, getting the basic on/off working, and maybe dimming.

BTW, I'm leaving tomorrow for a cabin that's almost off the grid, so don't expect anything til Jan 7 or 8 or ...

Posted on
Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:11 am
FlyingDiver offline

Yes, there are color selectable dimmer devices. If you want, look at the MQTT Shims code to see how to handle them.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:28 pm
jtburgess offline

Thanks, Joe.
If anyone has a colored bulb, I'll check it out.
Otherwise, I'll save for later.

-- John

Posted on
Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:13 am
jtburgess offline

Close this thread.

Use "TP-Link Plugin v 0.9.3" (https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?t=24985), in the future.