Elk M1 Plugin v2+

Posted on
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:34 pm
billchurch offline

Elk M1 Plugin v2+

This is now officially in the Indigo Plugin store here: https://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/124/

I needed to clean up a few things to conform to the requirements to the new store, as well as handle the transition from an abandoned plugin. As a result, this upgrade is not directly compatible with devices created prior to v2.0.0.

More details at the plugin page. Please let me know what you think. I'd prefer to track requests and problems at the GitHub repository, if possible:

https://github.com/billchurch/indigo-elk-m1-plugin

Issues / Feature Request Tracking:

https://github.com/billchurch/indigo-el ... gin/issues

Looking forward to getting this thing running better and supporting more. One thing I could use help with is people to test this new version on newer firmware. Right now this is my current Elk M1 configuration, anything outside of this would be great to get feedback on:

Code: Select all
System Type: Elk M1 Gold
Hardware Version: 0.13
Boot Version: 3.36
Firmware Version: 5.2.10
Voice List Version: 0.8

Elk M1 XEP:
Bootware Version: 2.0.4
Application Version: 2.0.42

Version 2.0.2 adds recovery features in the event of a communications break between Indigo and the Elk panel.
Last edited by billchurch on Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:27 pm
billchurch offline

Re: Elk M1 Plugin v2+

Ok, just did a round of firmware updates for the M1EXP... Seems like we're working ok with the latest and greatest from Elk for this guy...

[code]
Elk M1 EXP:
Bootware Version: 2.0.2
Application Version: 2.0.34/code]

Posted on
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:19 am
Swancoat offline

billchurch wrote:
Ok, just did a round of firmware updates for the M1EXP... Seems like we're working ok with the latest and greatest from Elk for this guy...

[code]
Elk M1 EXP:
Bootware Version: 2.0.2
Application Version: 2.0.34/code]

So does this mean that the plugin can now communicate over the secure port on the M1EXP? (Last I remember, the old one didn't... and if you updated firmware on the M1EXP, you lost the ability to use the NON-secure port... and so I was definitely not updating firmware).

Of course, I should probably check if this is the Elk plugin I was using (there were two floating around at one point, and both effectively had development discontinued).

(and finally, THANK YOU for at least making ONE Elk plugin that is up-to-date!!)

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:17 am
billchurch offline

So does this mean that the plugin can now communicate over the secure port on the M1EXP? (Last I remember, the old one didn't... and if you updated firmware on the M1EXP, you lost the ability to use the NON-secure port... and so I was definitely not updating firmware).

Of course, I should probably check if this is the Elk plugin I was using (there were two floating around at one point, and both effectively had development discontinued).

(and finally, THANK YOU for at least making ONE Elk plugin that is up-to-date!!)

No support for the "secure port". However I have updated to the most recent M1-XEP firmware and it does indeed let you enable the non-secure port. You just need to tell it to do that. Maybe previous versions had a but, I can't say for certain. I've always had non-secure capability.

That being said, I certainly want to get the secure port working. It should just be a matter of layering in TLS, I just need to see how to do that with Python.

Relevant screenshots, from what I can tell 2.0.4 Boot and 2.0.42 Firmware are the most recent version for the M1-XEP

M1-XEP Settings

M1-XEP Firmware

Posted on
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:56 am
billchurch offline

v2.0.2 posted

Added
  • ELKRP Connected (RP) and Installer Program Mode Exited (IE) messages
Changed
  • self.runstartup was mentioned throughout the plugin previously, which did not exist, corrected to self.startup.
  • Added start of communications error recovery. Plugin will now attempt to restart itself in the event of timeouts or loss of communication to the M1-EXP.

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:44 am
Bollar offline

Thanks for adopting this plugin!

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:59 pm
billchurch offline

Happy to help!

Let me know if you have any issues or any features you need. I have secure port on the horizon, will work on that at some point.

Posted on
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:18 am
Bollar offline

Have you seen this error message in Indigo 7.2?

Code: Select all
   ELK M1G Control Error           Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 60, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 114, in elkstartup
TypeError: state value updating of plugin devices is private

ELK M1G Control Error           plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
   ELK M1G Control Error           Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:27 am
michaelcreamer offline

I'm seeing the same error that Bollar is getting. I've just removed the previous version and installed the latest version of this plugin. I'm running 7.2.

UPDATE: Figured it out. I needed to check the "Create Alarm Panel device" on the Configuration page and provide the panel's IP address and port number. All of the devices then showed up.

Posted on
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:02 pm
Prose110 offline

billchurch wrote:
Happy to help!

Let me know if you have any issues or any features you need. I have secure port on the horizon, will work on that at some point.

Hi;

New to Indigo and I am setting it up with the Elk M1G. When I send an arm alarm action using one of the server commands, the system is armed but the status of the alarm panel does not change on the first click of the button. Clicking the same "arm button" a second time sends a disarm command to the system but then the status of the alarm panel changes to arm_stay, etc. Two things are apparent: the arming buttons work like toggle switches - arming and disarming with each click; second, the status of the alarm panel only changes on the second clicks. Please let me know if this is normal and any potential solutions. At this time I do not have a reliable real time communication between the panel and the Indigo Touch for the arm/disarm functions. On the other hand, there is real time communication when the sensors are opened and closed. Thank you for your help.

Posted on
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:16 pm
Prose110 offline

With the help of Elk tech support was finally able to sync the Elk alarm system with the Indigo server. The "armed state" of the Elk system is now accurately reflected in the Indigo Alarm Panel. The solution was actually quite simple with this note from Elk support: "In ElkRP under Globals, G29 – G42 (Special) make sure all six “Serial Port 0 Transmit Options” are enabled and sent to the M1."

I now have real time communication with the system and can observe violated zones and the armed status. Exactly what I was looking for and with the capability to fully customize my control page(s).

Posted on
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:40 am
michaelcreamer offline

Additional Elk Features?

Bill,

Thanks for taking over this plugin!

Do you have any plans to implement additional Elk M1 features such as lighting control, output control, task activation, speech (from the Elk speakers), setting counters/custom values, etc.?

Again, thanks!

Michael

Posted on
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:07 am
Bollar offline

Since updating to Indigo 7.3, the plug-in fails with the following error. Is it just me?

[code] Started plugin "ELK M1G Control 2.0.2"
ELK M1G Control Error Error in plugin execution startup:

File "plugin.py", line 39, in startup

ELK M1G Control Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

ELK M1G Control Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
ELK M1G Control Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:[/coce]

Posted on
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:15 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Did you upgrade your version of the Elk plugin. In version 2 the plugin identifier was changed, which will cause this type of error. The details are here, which says:

• This uses a new CFBundleIdentifier, as a result devices discovered or created in versions prior to this release (2.0.0) are incompatible.
• Disable previous Elk Plugin
• Delete previous Elk Plugin -- remove from: /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins (Disabled)
• Document and then delete any triggers, scripts, or devices that were made in version prior to v2.0.0
• Install new plugin
• Re-create triggers, scripts, or devices with new v2.0.0.

Posted on
Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:05 am
JBB offline

I have successfully configured the system, and my zones download into Indigo. I cannot arm or disarm the alarm. My alarm panel device shows the arm status, but doesn't allow any actions to be applied to it (or show any available actions)

I can create an action group to disarm the alarm, but executing it has no effect (although Indigo doesn't complain in the console about anything going wrong)..

Any ideas?

Page 1 of 1