ckeyes888 offline

Re: FluxLED / MagicHome plugin

Same errors for me using v0.0.4

Carl

Posted on
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:55 pm
noel1983 offline

Slight OT but hopefully you guys won’t mind as still relevant to the strips and use of this plugin

Just installed new Wi-Fi today using bt whole home Wi-Fi mesh setup

So need to change my magic home led strips across to new Wi-Fi details (don’t just want to keep the same network name for various reasons)

So I reset one of my magic home controllers, and now I can’t get it to add to Wi-Fi. The app behaviour seems to have changed.

Previously you’d connect to the led Wi-Fi network, click add to Wi-Fi then it would ask you to confirm your home Wi-Fi details.

Now it just asks me to sign in or register for an account which I don’t want to do.

Anyone any ideas?? A

Cheers
Noel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:51 am
ckeyes888 offline

The thing I'm not getting about this issue is I use over 30 other plugins that work just fine.
If my system had some anomaly preventing it from working I would assume it would
be an issue in many of the plugins I use?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:58 am
editordz offline

ckeyes888 wrote:
The thing I'm not getting about this issue is I use over 30 other plugins that work just fine.
If my system had some anomaly preventing it from working I would assume it would
be an issue in many of the plugins I use?

Thanks,

Carl

Carl, have you tried a new FluxLED module? I know it's an outside chance that yours got corrupted/borked/broken, but seeing how cheap they are, maybe that's worth a try? Nothing more infuriating than a solution that works perfectly and then stops for no discernible reason, I feel your pain!

-Dan

Posted on
Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:54 am
ckeyes888 offline

Thanks, but I actually have 3, two I just received and tested.
All work fine with the app, none with the plugin.

Carl

Posted on
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:00 pm
ckeyes888 offline

I upgraded 10.12 and the plugin now works but is throwing errors.

Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 33, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 95, in updateStatus
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 518, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 648, in update_state
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 620, in query_state
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 598, in _determine_query_len
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 1017, in _send_msg
error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

Flux LED Error                  plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
   Action Group                    Back Deck Side Flux LED Yellow
   Flux LED Error                  Error updating device: Flux Side Breezeway LED. Is the IP address correct?
   Flux LED Error                  Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Flux LED Error                  plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Great that it works but I assume something is still out of whack?

Thanks,

Carl

Posted on
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:15 am
stuartcolman offline

Has there been any update to this? I have the latest version installed and getting the same error as Carl. I also noticed that in the GUI of Indigo, this device seems to switch very quickly between on and off, not as much to actually turn the device off, but it looks like it's polling or something.

Would be really good to get a stable version, as I have loads of application for this.

Thanks

Stuart

Posted on
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:01 am
ckeyes888 offline

stuartcolman wrote:
Has there been any update to this? I have the latest version installed and getting the same error as Carl. I also noticed that in the GUI of Indigo, this device seems to switch very quickly between on and off, not as much to actually turn the device off, but it looks like it's polling or something.

Would be really good to get a stable version, as I have loads of application for this.

Thanks

Stuart

Ditto that! So many possibilities.

Carl

Posted on
Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:34 pm
jh71283 offline

Hi Guys

I've published a new version, but the main aim for this release is to get more information on errors that are getting thrown.

This release will automatically submit errors to my RayGun.io account, so that I can see and debug them more effectively.

Posted on
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:22 am
jh71283 offline

OK, so I got some error results! yay!

I don't know whose instance this is because the data is anonymous, but somewhere the system is getting a timeout when trying to contact the light at XXX.XXX.1.251.

Can whoever it is please double check that IP is correct?

I'll add some better error handling for this type of problem.

Posted on
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:34 am
stuartcolman offline

That looks like it was me. The IP is good, but I will double check this evening.

I had to disable the plugin as it started to use 25% CPU over a long period of time. Just seemed excessive to me for a switch :O)

I'll re-enable tonight when I get home.

Also, it appeared to knock out a few other plugins like NEST for instance.

Thanks

Stuart

Posted on
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:41 am
jh71283 offline

Is that only since the last update?

How many lights do you have?

Posted on
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:54 am
stuartcolman offline

Yep, installed the update last night, enabled the plugin and the CPU jumped by 25%.

I only have one light.

Stuart

Posted on
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:12 am
jh71283 offline

stuartcolman wrote:
Yep, installed the update last night, enabled the plugin and the CPU jumped by 25%.

I only have one light.

Stuart

Hmm, I’ll have a look at the cpu usage on mine tonight. I wonder if it’s the ray gun exception logger causing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:16 pm
stuartcolman offline

Ok seems a little better today. I've set my device to use a DHCP reservation, so should be static as much as possible.

The CPU issue seems to have sorted itself. Now it's just the polling and flicking the GUI from 0% to 100% every 3 seconds or so.

Thanks

Stuart