Sweet, another cool plugin. Thanks!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:33 pm
ELWOOD offline

Re: FluxLED / MagicHome plugin

Hi jh

Trying your new plugin FluxLED. The plugin loads OK and I have added one device.

Using the Magic Home WiFi app I can set colors, brightness, and on/off works fine.

With the plugin I can turn it on and off but can’t set colors or brightness.

Reloading the plugin I get no errors. Doing a Send status request I get the following error:

Oct 31, 2017, 2:18:54 PM
Flux LED Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 239, in actionControlDimmerRelay
AttributeError: 'Plugin' object has no attribute 'getBulbStatus'

Set up an action to set the colors, the configure window shows a drop down error:

“Communications with the plugin timed out”

when the color number is changed.

Running the action shows the following error:

Oct 31, 2017, 2:26:03 PM
Action Group FLUX LED 1
Flux LED Error plugin does not define method setRGB

So any suggestions or do you need any additional info.

Thanks for sharing the plugin

Elwood

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:12 pm
rehafer offline

Hi,
I'm getting the following errors:
Code: Select all
Flux LED Error                  plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)
   Flux LED Error                  Error updating device: Test strip. Is the IP address correct?
   Flux LED Error                  Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 34, in runConcurrentThread
  File "plugin.py", line 92, in updateStatus
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 518, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 649, in update_state
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 621, in query_state
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 598, in _determine_query_len
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py", line 1019, in _send_msg
error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

any ideas?

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:49 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

What OS are you using? We've been seeing quite a few broken pipe exceptions, which generally means there's some kind of network issue. I'm wondering if this is another High Sierra issue...

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:20 am
noel1983 offline

Just received my first magic home wifi controller - this plugin is great :)

Works first time beautifully thank you fantastic work.

Now...anyone got any inspiration on cool things I can do with this please?!

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:27 am
noel1983 offline

One minor issue, thought i'd set it to flash red a couple of times (set red, then on, then off, then on then off) when the tumble dryer is finished.

When choosing the set colour I get this error in the screenshot. Am I doing something wrong?

Error in log is Error (client) performRequestMethod() caught exception: InvalidParameterError -- plugin does not define method rgbColorPickerUpdated
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 12.26.21.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 12.26.21.png (266.15 KiB) Viewed 9652 times

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:54 am
noel1983 offline

Looks like these or something very similar for £2 more on Amazon with an IR remote as well. May be useful for someone https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Contr ... strip+5050

Posted on
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:49 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Any chance we'll see this plugin (and your others) in the Plugin Store :?: :?:

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:30 am
DaveL17 offline

Finally got a chance to start playing around with the plugin and the Magic LED device. This will make for a nice way to integrate LED strip lighting at a fraction of the cost of a Z-Wave controller. A Fibaro RGBW was around US$50 and I got the Magic Home device off eBay for US$10 shipped. It shows on Amazon Prime for me at US$13.

Setting it up was a breeze, but required the Magic Home app for iPhone in order to set the WiFI preferences to my network. Once included, it was easy to set the plugin to attach to the device. What does work is fast and reliable, but as others have said, there's a few things that are not fully implemented yet in the code (v0.0.1):

• The setBrightness function is not implemented.
  • There are a couple of callbacks in the Action Item that aren't implemented.

Here is my testbed using an RGBW strip (hence the unused W wire). Note also that the R and G channels on this strip are flipped; so ignore that bit. I don't have time to dive into the code right now, but if I find the time, I'll see what I can do and send a PR.

IMG_3454.JPG
IMG_3454.JPG (115.73 KiB) Viewed 9524 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:55 am
srkinard offline

So I just ordered 2 of these RGB units to tinker with.

Found some RGBW versions too on AliExpress for like $6.97 each...might order one and see if it works too. Much cheaper than the $70 Fibaro z-wave units.

Thanks
Ross

Posted on
Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:15 pm
jh71283 offline

Sorry guys I have only just seen the activity on this thread!

I’m away from home until tomorrow, but as soon as I can I will take a look at the issues above.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:17 pm
noel1983 offline

srkinard wrote:
So I just ordered 2 of these RGB units to tinker with.

Found some RGBW versions too on AliExpress for like $6.97 each...might order one and see if it works too. Much cheaper than the $70 Fibaro z-wave units.

Thanks
Ross

Hi Ross
What difference would the rgbw one from aliexpress make?
Have you a link you could share please?

Installing a few of these tomorrow, one room at least I need a physical button to control at least turning off and on. Historically I’ve used lightwave rf wireless switches for this kind of thing but they are a bit pricy these days

Any other suggestions that anyone’s using with this?

Cheers
Noel

Posted on
Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:20 pm
jh71283 offline

noel1983 wrote:
Any other suggestions that anyone’s using with this?

Cheers
Noel

I am using this to control LED strips under my kitchen cupboards. My main lights are Philips hue, and so I am using indigo to detect when the main lights come on, and bring on the under cupboard lights as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:24 pm
noel1983 offline

Cheers for that.
That's one of the installs I'm doing tomorrow.
We have 2 circuits in the kitchen. Normal downlights and under cupboard fluorescents.

Both switched from 2 switches in a 1 gang faceplate. No room inside it to fit a fibaro dimmer and have been wracking my brains for how to have motion activated lights in the kitchen for ages.

Cue the brainwave yesterday when I realised don't worry about automating the lights that are there just fit some LED strips as extra under cupboard lighting and motion activate those through indigo.

I'm sure at some stage I'll automate the main lights but this will be great for now.

Rented house so making a bigger hole in the wall is undesirable!