FluxLED / MagicHome plugin

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:51 am
DVDDave offline

Re: FluxLED / MagicHome plugin

FlyingDiver wrote:

Same error message. Don't know if it matters but I did notice that the numbers in the Custom States box in the Device display don't update. This was true in the original Python 2 version as well.

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:00 am
FlyingDiver offline

Well, I'm not signing up to fix problems that existed in the most recent Python2 version. Once we get this moved into the Indigodomo Open Source repository, you can open issues on GitHub for any problems. Maybe someone will fix them.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:17 am
DVDDave offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Well, I'm not signing up to fix problems that existed in the most recent Python2 version. Once we get this moved into the Indigodomo Open Source repository, you can open issues on GitHub for any problems. Maybe someone will fix them.

Of course that's true. :) I was only mentioning it since it could possibly have something to do with the updating error messages. I would be happy if you stopped here and simply suppressed the error message since it doesn't seem to affect anything. I really appreciate what you've done here, Joe.

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:20 pm
howartp offline

Joe, I made a note last week to look at this plugin when I got home (as I'd said I would a while ago... and didn't)!

It looks like you've included the latest flux_led module from github and fixed up the plugin to use it.

You've also used https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=19314&start=75#p182732 to add timeout parameters on two of the calls to WifiLedBulb(device.address).

Can I suggest (untested) that you do the same on the other references to the same call?

I'm suspecting the random appearance of errors, and the fixes proposed by hackintosh four years ago, were around the calls timing out - he's proposed two fixed calls with a timeout parameter but not the rest.

Peter

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:29 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I'll take a look. Right now I'm waiting for it to get cloned into the Indigodomo repo.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:31 pm
howartp offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
I'll take a look. Right now I'm waiting for it to get cloned into the Indigodomo repo.
No problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:01 am
DVDDave offline

FlyingDiver wrote:

Hi Joe,

I see that your new version is in the repo now. As expected, it still gives the same repeating error. However, I've been running with your previous version with the error suppressed and it's been working fine on the latest Indigo version. Thanks again for taking this on.

--Dave

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:04 am
FlyingDiver offline

DVDDave wrote:
FlyingDiver wrote:

Hi Joe,

I see that your new version is in the repo now. As expected, it still gives the same repeating error. However, I've been running with your previous version with the error suppressed and it's been working fine on the latest Indigo version. Thanks again for taking this on.

--Dave

Install the version in the Plugin Store. If that one is still showing the errors, file an issue using the link in the plugin store description.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:15 am
DVDDave offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Install the version in the Plugin Store. If that one is still showing the errors, file an issue using the link in the plugin store description.

Will do

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:48 am
DVDDave offline

DVDDave wrote:
FlyingDiver wrote:

Will do

Whoops, so sorry for this newb question but I can't find how to post an issue in your new fork on Github. (I assume that's the link you're talking about since the other one goes to this thread.) How do I start a new issue? Thanks.

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:23 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Looks like issues are not enabled for that repo. I'll get that fixed.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:06 am
FlyingDiver offline

It's been fixed, you can submit the issue now.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:09 am
DVDDave offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
It's been fixed, you can submit the issue now.
Done, thanks.

Posted on
Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:32 am
CBowles offline

Quick and dirty fix to suppress repeating IP address error...

Replace line 103 with:
Code: Select all
self.debugLog(f"Error updating device: {device.name}. Is the IP address {device.address} correct?")

This puts the error in the debug log so is only shows if Debug logging in enabled in the plugin config.