Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:07 am
editordz offline

Re: FluxLED / MagicHome plugin

You assigned static IPs to them?

Posted on
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:13 am
stuartcolman offline

Yep, All assigned can see it with the 'Magic Home' App, but Indigo seems to lose the connection and keeps asking is it on the right IP. I may get another one and see if it is a faulty unit.

Posted on
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:00 pm
srkinard offline

Not sure if any activity on the plugin is still happening, but one thing I've noticed in my use with 7.2 and 7.3 is trying to enter values in the W input of the desktop client gives varied results, like it is struggling between a 0-254 and a 0-100 value...

I just dragged the slider to 51%....after a moment the value in the box changed to 130...

I have 2 of the RGB and 2 of the RGBW controllers I'm tinkering with...

Posted on
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:34 pm
DVDDave offline

Hi, I've been using this plugin for a MagicHome LED strip in my closet (Thanks!) and haven't had any issues. However, I just tracked it down as the cause of a serious issue with Homekit Bridge when I add it as a device. Out of scores of devices, it's the only one that causes Homekit Bridge to grow in CPU utilization and memory usage until, after a day or 2, it finally overheats my Mac.

I've attached a log file produced by Homekit Bridge that shows a bunch of activity about every second. I'm having trouble interpreting it but it seems like FluxLED is returning status very rapidly and flooding Homekit Bridge with unnecessary data. Make sense? Is there any way to reduce the frequency of the updates or, even better, only report them when something actually changes?

Thanks!

--Dave
Attachments
FluxLED HKB log.txt
(5.97 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

Posted on
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:12 pm
Hackencrash offline

To fix the Is IP address correct error, you will need to update the FluxLED plugin directly as follows:

1. On your Mac with Indigo installed, open Finder and navigate to the FluxLED plugin at:
    Code: Select all
    /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7.4/Plugins/FluxLED.indigoPlugin
    Note that the value of Indigo 7.4 may vary depending on the version of Indigo you have running.
    2. Right-click FluxLED.indigoPlugin and select to Open With a text editor, such as TextWrangler (do not open with Indigo).
    3. Navigate to: /Contents/Server Plugin/flux_led/__main__.py
    4. Open Safari to the latest published flux_led python library v0.22 here: https://github.com/Danielhiversen/flux_ ... _main__.py This contains the updates that fix the above error and appear to make the plugin more stable.
    5. Click on the Raw button to open the code in raw format, Select the Command ⌘ key + A then ⌘ + C to copy all text.
    6. Back to the Text Editer and click on the __main__.py code and type ⌘ + A then ⌘ + V to paste over the top with the latest version from the web page.
    7. Save the __main__.py file in the Text Editer
    8. Also, if wished, update the Info.plist in the Text Editer at the top and update the PluginVersion to 1.0.1

It was noticed that the flux_led python library within the FluxLED Indigo plugin was 2 versions out of date compared with that on the Github repository. Although I have noticed that you still may get one Flux LED Error right at the start when you restart Indigo, updating the library to the current version seems to have fixed these issues with the IP address and losing contact with the LED strip lights. You don't appear to get any errors by reloading the plugin so I am guessing the error sometimes seen when Indigo starts may be perhaps because everything is happening at once. Compare that with before updating the flux_led code where the error would frequently appear in the log and often the device would be unresponsive.

Posted on
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:49 am
Hackencrash offline

The frequent "Is the IP address correct?" error may be fixed by applying the fix in the previous post as well as updating the plugin.py script in the FluxLED.indigoPlugin plugin here:

Replace line 76 with:
         bulb = WifiLedBulb(device.address, timeout=20)
Replace line 103 with:
         self.errorLog("Error updating device: " + device.name +". Is the IP address correct: " + str(device.address) + " ?")
Replace line 111 with:
         bulb = WifiLedBulb(device.address, timeout=20)

Posted on
Tue May 17, 2022 9:52 pm
rehafer offline

Any chance of seeing an update to this plugin? I see that it might not work in the next version of Indigo

Posted on
Tue May 17, 2022 11:57 pm
howartp offline

It looks easy enough to patch up by the time 2022.2 is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:02 am
DVDDave offline

howartp wrote:
It looks easy enough to patch up by the time 2022.2 is out.

I'm about to update Indigo to the latest version and this is the last issue to resolve. Has anyone attempted to update this to Python 3? Thanks.

--Dave

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:34 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Try this version: https://github.com/FlyingDiver/IndigoFl ... ython3.zip

It's a very quick and dirty port, and I have no way to test it.

Make sure you save the old plugin when you install this one.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:22 pm
DVDDave offline

You're the best, Joe! The new version seems to work great except for one small problem. Every 3 seconds, it logs the error
 Flux LED Error                  Error updating device: Closet Light. Is the IP address correct?
It doesn't seem to affect anything since the light is controlled fine and also reports status the same as the Python 2 version. As you know, this error occurred intermittently on the old version and a fix was posted in this thread. However, the file structure is different in your version so I don't know where to look for the fix. If all else fails, I suppose the error could just be suppressed.

Thanks!

--Dave

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:34 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Please point me to that fix. I did not read the thread.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:38 pm
DVDDave offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
Please point me to that fix. I did not read the thread.

https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=19314&p=221904#p182732

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:54 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Download latest commit (same URL) and try it.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:58 pm
FlyingDiver offline

joe (aka FlyingDiver)