GreenSky MQTT Bridge Plugin (SmartThings Bridge)

Posted on
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:58 pm
koensayr offline

Re: GreenSky MQTT Bridge Plugin (SmartThings Bridge)

It seems the YouTube link in the first post in this thread isn’t available anymore.

Does anybody have a doc or a link to a video about how to set this up with Smartthings?

Posted on
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:56 am
mreyn2005 offline

No documentation on Setup or Configuration what so ever? :roll:
YouTube video link no longer working...

When I click the Configure button in the Preferences -> Plugin, nothing happens.
Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 9.43.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 9.43.58 AM.png (171.56 KiB) Viewed 5488 times

Also, seems like the TLS version in this client is outdated, my Mosquitto server complains:
Code: Select all
OpenSSL Error: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number

I'd really like to use this Plugin, but in its current state, its pretty useless.

I guess I'll spend some more time trying the other MQTT bridge plugin ...

Matt and Jay, have you considered adding an official MQTT Bridge for Indigo?

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:53 am
AndyVirus offline

I too now get constant stream of "Exception trapped:Invalid topic." errors in my indigo log. I have been using this since v 1 or 2 and had no real issues. Today tried to add in a new device and it all went south. Removed all my MQTT devices and still get errors. Removed the plugin and the preferences and re-installed, same errors. Not sure whats happened but now unusable.

I do hope that the plugin dev is ok, it looks like they have not posted anything to their github or this forum since Nov last year. Heres hoping nothing negatively life changing has occurred and they are just very busy. For now I can see that a 3rd MQTT plugin has appeared and I am able to use that for the most part. Heres hoping all is ok and this plugin will rise again :-)

Posted on
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:32 am
danalwebb offline

It appears that the existing MQTT plugins have been abandoned as there has been no response to numerous requests for information or assistance from the original developer(s). MQTT has become a standard means of interfacing disparate IoT and home automation systems so it would seem to be a priority extension to the Indigo platform as well. I already use MQTT brokers/bridges with Node-RED, HASSIO & Smartthings but all my attempts to use the technology with Indigo have been frustrating at best.

Matt/Jay: I hope you monitor these discussions and will perhaps consider picking up support for one of these abandoned MQTT plugins ...please ...pretty please? :wink:

Posted on
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:57 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It looks like one of our rockstar plugin developers has taken the lead on this over here.

Posted on
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:58 am
mreyn2005 offline

@danalwebb Have you tried the new plugin that FlyingDiver made in the past week?

Also, I think the OpenSSL error I am seeing is related to a bug in the current version of the mosquitto server I am running:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1815732

I see this error even for clients that can connect fine.

Matt

Posted on
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:25 pm
danalwebb offline

matt (support) wrote:
It looks like one of our rockstar plugin developers has taken the lead on this over here.

This is great news! I plan to try FlyingDiver's new MQTT plugin tonight after work...

Posted on
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:34 pm
danalwebb offline

mreyn2005 wrote:
@danalwebb Have you tried the new plugin that FlyingDiver made in the past week?

Also, I think the OpenSSL error I am seeing is related to a bug in the current version of the mosquitto server I am running:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1815732

I see this error even for clients that can connect fine.

Matt

@mreyn2005

I have not seen OpenSSL errors on any of my Macs running mosquitto. Maybe it's because I use the tried and true homebrew installation or the fact that I do not use SSL encrypted messaging inside my local private network. I do however see many threads via Google describing the error you've described...

Posted on
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:24 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Keep in mind that all the code in the new plugin has been written in the last five days. It's amazingly stable for what it is. I think the code for publishing messages from Indigo is pretty useful at this point. Not so much on the inbound side. I'm working on it...

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:49 am
wasimpson offline

Hello
I successfully have the plugin installed and cant change the status of items via indigo.

Is there a way to poll the status of an sonoff device because if you control the switch directly indigo does not know the status

Regards
Bill