Parrot FlowerPower plugin

Posted on
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:54 am
AndyVirus offline

Re: Parrot FlowerPower plugin

Hello,

All has been working great, thanks :-) (looong delay replying sorry)

With Flowerpower dead/eol/abandoned.... how hard (theoretically) would it be to make a plugin that communicates directly to the flower power devices? If the cloud service is still working, who knows for how long.

https://github.com/Parrot-Developers/node-flower-power seems to have everything defined but not being a skilled at plugins or coding/scripting I have no idea if this is a dead end or not.

Ideally this would be integrated in pibeacon as it is epic but i am a useless clot and not sure there is any apitie to do so.

In the mean time, to get at the data I have just found a project to read the flowerpower data and throw it at an MQTT broker which works for me. Hoping one of the 2 MQTT plugins will be able to see this data... https://github.com/rousseau-christopher/flowerpower-mqtt

Gor to love obsolescence right. I have 13 of these damn things and seems a shame to waste them.

Posted on
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:44 am
Different Computers offline

Are they dead, or just switched to the stupidly expensive flower pot models?

Sonoma on a Mac Mini M1 running Airfoil Pro, Bond Home, Camect, Roku Network Remote, Hue Lights, DomoPad, Adapters, Home Assistant Agent, HomeKitLinkSiri, EPS Smart Dimmer, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Grafana. UnifiAP

Posted on
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:09 am
AndyVirus offline

Dead i think, pots too. Pots sown to about £70 on amazon from over £120.

The app has not been updated in ios for years and no development on the dev site since 2016.

I think the official line is they want to focus on drones.

App on iphone x is unusable and android i read is not working with newer flowerpower firmwares (from 2016).

Looks like anything flowerpower has been removed from parrot site, pretty sure its a dead product line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk