Adapters Plugin [archive]

Posted on
Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:43 am
autolog offline

Re: Scale Adapters Plugin (temperature, length, power)

Hi Jason,
Thanks for this plugin it has the potential to make things a lot clearer in my setup :D

I have electric curtain rails that are controlled by Fibaro relays. These relays are always off except momentarily when they trigger the curtain rail motor to open or close. I have defined virtual on/off devices to indicate whether the curtains are 'off' (open) or 'on' (closed). Your plugin is ideal so that I can use a Custom Formula Adapter to show the status as 'Open' or 'Closed' as opposed to 'off' or 'on'.

I set-up a single Scale Adapter device to check the status of a virtual device curtain. This worked fine. I then duplicated the Scale Adapter device five times, so that I could edit them for my other curtain virtual devices. Having completed the editing, this has highlighted up some odd and inconsistent behaviour. When I close one of the curtains, a single virtual device goes 'on' but all the duplicated devices which work correctly for their individual curtains change their status to 'Closed'. Somehow or other the Scale Adapter seems to be picking up multiple devices. :?

Happy to provide more info if needed. :)

UPDATE: Reloading the plugin has cleared the problem. :)

Posted on
Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:38 am
DaveL17 offline

Thanks very much for the update! The only thing that I've noticed so far is that I had to open the config dialog and resave all my devices because the 'precision' attribute was missing. Once I did that, all was right. (Thanks for the precision setting by the way, I was hoping for that.)

One suggestion for formatting: Right now, I have my temperature output states at varying levels of precision, but they all display with <space>°F appended. It would be nice to be able to modify the output format a little bit more and I would suggest a setting to let the user decide the format. In the WUnderground plugin, I use a text box where a user can enter any string they'd like. I can then choose to enter <no space>° for a result of 72° or 72.1°.

Or something like that. Cheers for a great update!
Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:26 pm
dustysparkle offline

I've modified the release candidate build slightly so it includes a call to "stateListOrDisplayStateIdChanged" in the deviceStartComm call. That sounds like it might resolve the odd issues that you've mentioned, and, frankly, that's the way I should have written it in the first place, I think.

Posted on
Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:11 am
DaveL17 offline

Thanks for that. Really appreciate the contribution!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:21 pm
srkinard offline

Yes! Thanks for building in the new flexibility!

I was able to take the analog value from an Arduino sensor (using Karl's awesome plugin) and convert it to a %

The LM393 light sensor analog value is 0 when full bright and 1023 when completely dark...so I use the Custom Formula Adapter (Numeric) with the formula (1023-x)/10.23 to get a % for the sensor.

Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:40 pm
Albatros offline

Thanks very much. I have a windsensor FirstRate FST200-201 (0-10v), Servodan lux sensor (0-10v) and a Senseair Co2 meter connected to a EDS OWS Server. I am using the great OWS Server Plugin to get the voltage measurements into Indigo.

But with this plugin I can get the voltage converted to PPM (Co2 measurement scale), Lux, Windspeed in M/S and Beaufort.

Great !!!! Thanks much.....

By the way for the posts/requestors for support from Indigo for the 0-10v output of the Fibaro RGBW module. I was looking for that too but I am quite happy with the OWS server and the Analogue 0-10v board from EDS.

Posted on
Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:54 pm
dustysparkle offline

Re: Adapters Plugin

I've released version 1.0.0 into the wild with the new linear transformation adapter and "custom" adapter capabilities discussed earlier. Thanks to kw123 for help and inspiration, and to several of you for testing. The top post in this thread has been updated with all of the details.

As always, please let me know if you see any problems.

Cheers!

Posted on
Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:56 am
Asconasny offline

Great plugin!

I use it together with some arduinos.

Is it possible to make it display different icons?
Like humidity and motion etc.

I was wondering since it shows temp icon when i make a temp device.

Regards
Asconasny

Posted on
Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:36 pm
srkinard offline

Another request would be to convert a number given in milliseconds to a standard HH:MM:SS format.

The Plex Media Manager plugin has some info regarding playback devices: currentlyPlayingContentLengthMS("0") and currentlyPlayingContentLengthOffset("0") for starters, sn I could like to have some pages be able to tell what is playing and have a total time for the media, the current time location and the remaining time to completion.

Not sure if Adam (RogueProeliator) would be interested in integrating some conversion pieces into the PMS Manager.

This adapter is really cool...I love the community of skilled folks on here.

I wish I had the skills to contribute more but I need a good place to start learning python scripting. I have a subscription to Pluralsight through work, maybe I can take a few as "work training."

Posted on
Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:47 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Not sure if Adam (RogueProeliator) would be interested in integrating some conversion pieces into the PMS Manager.

That would be rather trivial and I could add that in, no problem. The overall request still might have some validity for other plugins, but for Plex that is easily doable. I use a percentage display on mine so never really thought about the absolute time, I guess.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:28 pm
Albatros offline

I want to change volt range to wind s peed in a Beaufort scale.

1 = 0,1 - 1,5
2 = 1,6 - 3,3
3 = 3,4 - 5,4
4 = 5,5 - 7,9
5 = 8 - 10,7
6 = 10,8 - 13,8
7 = 13,9 - 17,1

How should the syntax/formula be?

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:19 am
evansgo offline

Fantastic - thank you! :D

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:29 pm
Mattias offline

I've started to use the Adaptor to 'level' the temperature reading from my different multisensors (different offset). There are some strange results from a couple of the adaptors: every 3-4 reading is jumping several degrees. The multisensor shows 17.1, 17.2, 17.1, 17.3 but the adaptor shows 17.1, 17.2, 22.5 17.3 etc. Does any of you know why? (it makes a mess of my charts)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 20.59.33.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-18 at 20.59.33.png (138.35 KiB) Viewed 8412 times

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:56 pm
dustysparkle offline

@Mattias: That's very odd. I haven't heard of anything like that before.

I'll poke around a bit in the code to see if anything jumps out at me, but please share if you make any progress in narrowing the problem.

Posted on
Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:00 pm
Mattias offline

I saw it when drawing graphs (the attached figures are from indigoPLOTd). Could it be that program that logs wrong data?

Page 3 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8