Ecobee Plugin

Posted on
Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:52 pm
dustysparkle offline

Re: Ecobee 3 Plugin

reugster wrote:
So how do you install it? Im at a loss :?

Hi reugster:

If you click on the download link, you'll go to the Github repository for the plugin. Look for a button that says "Download ZIP" on the right side of the page, near the middle. Click it, and you'll download the plugin archive.

On your computer, uncompress the zip file, and you should see a file named "Ecobee.indigoPlugin". If you double-click that, then Indigo should prompt you and ask if you want to install the plugin. Once you do, you will need to do some configuration; go to: Plugins -> Ecobee -> Configure...

Once that's done, you should be able to add your thermostat and/or remote sensor devices.

Good luck!

Posted on
Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:09 am
reugster offline

Re: Ecobee Plugin

That was perfect, thanks very much. Its actually working really well. :D

Posted on
Fri May 06, 2016 7:22 pm
General Custer offline

Great job.

Had to manually put the plugin I ton thof plug in folder. Would not automatically instal for me

Custer

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2016 7:23 am
Swancoat offline

For those with multiple Ecobee3s: Can these thermostats be 'linked', so that if I bump up the temp on one, that it bumps up on another too?

http://nerdhome.jimdo.com

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2016 12:45 pm
rapamatic offline

Swancoat wrote:
For those with multiple Ecobee3s: Can these thermostats be 'linked', so that if I bump up the temp on one, that it bumps up on another too?

You can definitely link system mode (heat, cool, etc) - I am doing that now.

Go to Group -> Settings on the ecobee page, And under Settings check off "Schedule" - I think that would put them all on the same schedule, which might link your hold temps...

Posted on
Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:43 pm
dustysparkle offline

Thanks to work from @rapamatic and "trinchet" (on GitHub), a v1.0.0 release candidate build is available for testing by those so interested. This version brings:

1. first support for two-way control (i.e. control the thermostat from Indigo)
  2. first support for reporting of auto home/away events on Ecobee 3 (via new "autoHome" and "autoAway" boolean states)
  3. bugfix: authentication tokens weren't being saved beyond first retrieval

RELEASE CANDIDATE BUILD (temporary URL): (url removed; version 1.0.0 released; see top post in this thread)

Once we're satisfied that obvious bugs are exterminated, I'll push the changes to general availability as version 1.0.0. (I think it's time for a sane version number.)

Please let us know if you have any problems.

Cheers! :)
Last edited by dustysparkle on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:31 am
Swancoat offline

I'm having a lot of problems with this version. Specifically, list Index out of range..

I deleted all of my devices, disabled the plugin and removed the prefs, then removed the application from Ecobee and started fresh. When I go to add a thermostat, its seems to populate the list of thermostats correctly, and shows my two defined thermostats, but then I get this error and no info loads for the device.

Code: Select all
Jun 12, 2016, 9:27:08 AM
  Ecobee Error                    Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1067, in deviceUpdated
  File "plugin.py", line 172, in deviceStartComm
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 130, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 92, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 150, in updateServer
IndexError: list index out of range

Ecobee Error                    Error in plugin execution ServerReplacedElem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/IndigoPluginHost.app/Contents/PlugIns/plugin_base.py", line 1067, in deviceUpdated
  File "plugin.py", line 172, in deviceStartComm
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 130, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 92, in __init__
  File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 6/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 150, in updateServer
IndexError: list index out of range

Posted on
Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:15 am
dustysparkle offline

Hi Swancoat,

Sorry for the trouble. This is a problem in the code I added to handle smart home/away. I've committed a potential fix; give it a try (from the same release candidate link I posted above) and let me know if it works for you.

If you have a chance to capture and send me some debug output, that might be helpful in figuring out why I'm not getting the expected results from the Ecobee API call.

Posted on
Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:04 pm
dustysparkle offline

Haven't heard anything after hopefully fixing the issue that Swancoat reported, so I've officially released version 1.0.0. Top post in this thread is edited with the details, but I'll summarize them here again:

* first support for two-way control (i.e. control the thermostat from Indigo; thanks rapamatic)
* first support for reporting of auto home/away events on Ecobee 3 (via new "autoHome" and "autoAway" boolean states)
* bugfix: authentication tokens weren't being saved beyond first retrieval (thanks rapamatic)

Thanks to all who use and enjoy this plugin, and especially to rapamatic and "trinchet" (on GitHub) for their help.

Posted on
Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:56 pm
Swancoat offline

Sorry - I've been traveling and unable to test.

Posted on
Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:48 pm
Swancoat offline

1.0.0 working great!

Posted on
Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:18 am
Parp offline

Thinking of replacing my Nest with an Ecobee3.

On a forced air system does the plugin have the ability to monitor and control the Fan Mode (auto on/always on)?

I have some separate fan timers controlled by Indigo, and I also use a Keypadlinc to turn the fan on and off manually.

Thanks!

Posted on
Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:18 pm
dnomode offline

Parp wrote:
On a forced air system does the plugin have the ability to monitor and control the Fan Mode (auto on/always on)?

I have some separate fan timers controlled by Indigo, and I also use a Keypadlinc to turn the fan on and off manually.

I also would like this. I have the fans turn on and off for 15 minutes every hour using the ecobee3, however I could make it work much better for me if the plugin could turn the fan on and off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:36 pm
dnomode offline

I've been playing around with your plugin and Im trying to setup an action group to turn on and off the fan. Under the TYPE: drop down I selected "Set Fan Mode (Thermostat Controls), Then DEVICE: is set to "Ecobee" and MODE: is "Fan Always On"

When trying to Execute the Action, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Posted on
Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:44 pm
rapamatic offline

I helped write a lot of the code that changes modes and setpoints. Unfortunately, the way ecobee implements fan mode in the API, its not that easy to just turn it off or on. I need to sit back down and try to play around with it. Jason may be looking into this too, I don't know....

EDIT: To clarify, the way the code is now, it just silently fails when you try to change the fan mode. It doesn't do anything.

-Ray