Ecobee Plugin

Posted on
Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:06 am
rapamatic offline

Re: Ecobee Plugin

wmldwilly wrote:
I've installed what (I think to be, and what indicates is) 1.1.2, and when trying to manipulate the fan state to "always on" from the device window I get no reaction at all in the logs or at the thermostat, and after a short wait the "fan" drop-down list changes from the "always on" entry I set back to "auto on".

I'd have posted a log entry...if there was one. I turned log debugging entries on and nothing seems to happen at all.

I'm not sure where to turn next. I did try adding the thermostat again and nothing changed. I can manipulate the heat and cool points, change modes, but not affect the fan at all.

Any advice much appreciated!

W

The current code doesn’t have the ability to control the fan and just ignores any requests to change it. Fortunately there is an update in the works that adds fan control. Check it out here:

https://github.com/jdhorne/indigo-ecobee-plugin/pull/12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:55 pm
wmldwilly offline

Aha! Yes indeed someone IS interested in using fan control. If Ecobee would have simply added the ability to confine the fan "auto cycle" function (where you can chose x minutes every hour of fan operation) to certain hours, or certain "comfort settings" (like "only cycle the fan 5 minutes per hour when I"m away"), I probably wouldn't need it. When I used Venstars with Insteon modules it was simple to let Indigo manage it and cycle the fan x minutes every x hours when we're away at work for the day and cease doing so when we're home or during sleeping hours when the on and off operation of the fan tended to wake up the babies (or the noise sensitive wife). Ecobee though? Apparently that feature is too far afield for them to add.

Thank you for your efforts on the plug-in. I think I've seen my last random disconnect from the Ecobee back-end here lately. :D

Posted on
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:43 pm
allengray offline

Fan changes are coming but delayed ..

While polishing up the changes so they can be merged in I've bungled up my workspace. I see where the problem is but I have to detangle some unrelated changes that I don't want to commit yet.

Stable fan changes coming soon!

--
Allen Gray

Posted on
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:57 am
mundmc offline

Hi,
I love this plugin when I can make it work!

I’m sorry if i missed the answer in these (very helpful) threads:

Q: When i need to “re-authenticate” my Indigo Plugin from their web site, I am unclear on what steps I actually need to take. I have tried just entering the plugin generated 4-char code, though i have also re-installed the whole plugin, and it won’t work for longer than minutes to hours? I can’t tell what i’m missing!

Thank you again for the plugin- it is so promising i bought a second Ecobee.

Posted on
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:27 am
cwf offline

I've been getting the following error today:

"SENSORNAME: couldn't format temperature value; is the sensor alive?"

The sensor is updating based on the last update timestamp and my triggers still work based on the temp in the room.

I've tried reloading the plugin (and disabled/enabled), but I immediately get the error in the log again.

Looks like it started a little after midnight with this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 380, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 245, in updateAllDevices
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 249, in updateServer
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/ecobee_devices.py", line 101, in updatable
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/pyecobee/__init__.py", line 155, in get_thermostats
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/api.py", line 67, in get
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/api.py", line 53, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/sessions.py", line 468, in request
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/sessions.py", line 576, in send
File "/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 7/Plugins/Ecobee.indigoPlugin/Contents/Server Plugin/requests/adapters.py", line 437, in send
ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.ecobee.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /1/thermostat?json=%7B%22selection%22%3A%7B%22selectionType%22%3A%22registered%22%2C%22includeRuntime%22%3A%22true%22%2C%22includeSensors%22%3A%22true%22%2C%22includeEvents%22%3A%22true%22%2C%22includeProgram%22%3A%22true%22%2C%22includeEquipmentStatus%22%3Atrue%2C%22includeSettings%22%3Atrue%7D%7D (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x10976e390>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or not known',))

Ecobee Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

It repeated this for about 30 minutes, then 5 hours later this error showed up:

"SENSORNAME: couldn't format temperature value; is the sensor alive?"

Any thoughts?

Posted on
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:25 pm
kappa12 offline

This is a great plugin, thanks for all the work on it! One thing I was missing from it was the ability to set a comfort setting (Home, Away, Sleep, etc) via an action. I created the following PR that adds support for this:

https://github.com/jdhorne/indigo-ecobee-plugin/pull/13

I’d be grateful if one of the maintainers has a chance to check this out and see if it’s fit to merge. I was only able to test on a newer Ecobee Thermostat, not the Smart model, so I’m not sure how it would behave with one of those.

Posted on
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:18 pm
midd offline

I'm using version 1.1.2 of the plugin. Did this get resolved in any way? I read through all 8 pages but maybe I missed something? I'm getting the same error.

dnomode wrote:
Right on. thanks. That would be pretty cool if was can control the fan to go on and off.

I'm also getting the following error when trying to set the ecobee to away. Any ideas on this one?
Code: Select all
Jul 25, 2016 8:13:10 PM
  Action Group                    AC OFF copy
  Ecobee Error                    plugin does not define method setAwayStatus

Thanks for your help.

Edmond

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:25 am
mclass offline

Thanks for the plugin!

Have updated to Version 1.1.2, but still experiencing the need to re-authenticate at varying intervals. My understanding was that this version addressed this issue.

Have I missed something, or are others still experiencing this issue?

Regards,

mclass

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:52 am
NewfD90 offline

Same here

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:28 am
rapamatic offline

There have been numerous pull requests on GitHub that include fixes for stuff like this, ability to control fan, etc.

At this point, it may make sense to fork this into a different plugin or add some authorized people on github so all the burden doesn’t fall on the original creator of the plugin...

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:02 pm
chobo offline

Auth. issues here, too.

Happy to test any beta releases that aim to address the authentication issues. Thanks.

Posted on
Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:08 pm
7rdr7 offline

Authentication issues here as well.

Posted on
Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:31 pm
midd offline

Here's a temporary solution to setting your Ecobee to Away status (sort of) when your phones are away. You can use this until the Ecobee Plugin gets updated:

https://thesmartcave.com/ecobee-geofenc ... t-life360/

Indigo 7, Monterey (12.1) on a 2009 Mac Pro..

Posted on
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:00 am
jenwill1 offline

Great Plugin but the authentication issues are frequent. I'm also using the Lutron, Haiku and Alexa mobile apps which authenticate with Ecobee and have not been a problem,

Thanks for working on a fix for this !

Posted on
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:25 am
johnf offline

Can anyone confirm whether the ecobee4 works with this plugin, and if so, how well? Trying to decide whether to get an ecobee3 or ecobee 4. Thanks!

Page 8 of 12 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12