New NEST Plugin ready for general use

Posted on
Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:30 am
vtmikel offline

Re: New NEST Plugin ready for general use

Sorry, NEST doesn't have this in their API.

yergeyj wrote:
kalophtalmos wrote:
Hey !

Tried to use that plugin with my brand new Nest Protect (smoke and CO2 detector) but when I try to add a New Nest device, I can just pick Thermostat...
Any other plugin maybe dedicated for Nest Protect or Nest Protect compliant ?

Thanks a lot for the hard work

All,

I'm in a similar situation, and see quite a few posts here that refer to the Nest Protect but nothing that specifies if the plugin actually works with them? I do not have the Nest Thermostat, but do have 9 Nest Protects installed.

I'd like to be able to capture motion detections from the Next Protects if possible - their "path light" is fine for small spaces, but I'd like to operate another light when the motion is detected. I'm also considering using the motion detection to trigger other functions.

Is any of this possible with this plugin??

Jim

Posted on
Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:28 pm
Cheezmo offline

I'm not sure how the old Nest plug in did it, but when set to Always On, the Nest fan would stay on indefinitely. That is the functionality I would like, but I guess I could handle a duration, as long as testing for whether it is on or off works.

Posted on
Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:35 pm
Cheezmo offline

Here is the "NEST_FAN_MAP" from the old plugin if that provides any clues...

NEST_FAN_MAP={'auto on':"auto",'on': "on", 'auto': "auto", 'always on': "on", '1': "on", '0': "auto"}

so I think sending a low level "on" to the nest (however that works in the code) turns it on without any timeout.

Posted on
Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:42 pm
philipbasile offline

Does anyone know why I would be getting the following in my event log over and over even though I don't have debugging turned on ?

Yet Another Nest Thermostat Plugin Invalid message: "switch_system_off":false,"local_ip":"192.168.2.106","away_temperature_high":26.528,"y2_type":"unknoe":"gas","compressor_locktive":false,"rssi":55,"emer_heahas_x2_cool":false,"ob_orientation":"O","cooling_x2_delivery":"unknown","available_loca1AB41120CY7","has_x2_alt_heat":false,"leaf_threshold_heat":2ed":true,"country_code":"US","fan_timer_timeout":0,"target_humidity":40,"heow_enabled":true,"filter_changed_date":1405396800,"hvac_safety_shutoff_active":false,"heat_pumfalse,"heater_delivery":"forced-air","radiant_control_enabled":false,"auto_away_reset":false,"away_temperature_low":20_address":"18b43002c172","heat_x2_source":"gas","fan_duty_start_time":0,"time_to_target":0,"backplate_model":"Backplate-2.5","heat_link_connection"oning_active":false,"topaz_enhanced_auto_away_enabled":false,"name":"Home","postal_code":"08527","creation_time":1354242432840,"num_thermostats":"2","away_setter":1,"structure_area":35{"$version":32217,"$timestamp":1421206503628,"heatpump_setback_active":false,"touched_by":{},"emer_heat_enable":false,"switch_system_off":false,"local_ip":"192.168.5.178","away_temperature_high":26.667,"y2_type":"unknown","tempera_cooling_state":false,"heater_source":"gas","compressor_lockout_leaf":-17.8,"has_x3_heat":false,"target_humidity_enabled":false,"heat_x3_source":"gas","alt_heat_delivery":"forced-air","fan_mode":"auto","has_x2_heat":false,"sunlight_correction_active":false,"rssi":58,"emer_heat_delivery"cription":"none","heatpump_savings":"off","humidity_control_lockout_end_time":0,"filter_reminder_level":0,"filter_reminder_enabled":true,"capability_level":4.31,"schedule_learning_reset":false,"has_x2_cool":false,"ob_orientation":"O","hvac_pins":"W1,Y1,C,Rh,G,Star","cooling_delivery":"unknown","range_enable":true,"dual_fuel_breakpoint_override":"none","autoy_temp_enabled":true,"has_fan":true,"dehumidifier_state":false,"nlclient_state":"","emer_heat_source":"electric","heatpump_ready":false,"cooling_x2_delivery":"unknown","available_locales":"en_US,fr_CA,es_US,en_GB,fr_FR,nl_NL","current_version":"4.3.3","learning_state":"slow","has_fossil_fuel":true,"pin_rh_description":"power","pin_ob_description":"none","safety_temp_activating_hvac":false,"has_alt_heat":false,"fan_duty_cycle":3600,"pin_y1_descri"gear_threshold_high":0,"backplate_serial_number":"02BA0FABE51201W5","has_x2_alt_heat":false,"leaf_threshold_heat":21.04,"heat_x3_delivery":"forced-air","is_on_stand":false,"learning_mode":true,"has_emer_heat":false,"leaf_learning":"ready","has_aux_heat":false,"aux_heat_source":"electric","filter_changed_set_date":1420984277,"backplate_bsl_info":"BSL","sunlight_correction_ready":true,"alt_heat_x2_source":"gas","pin_c_description":"power","humidifier_type":"steam","pin_w2aux_description":"none","humidity_control_lockout_start_time":0,"sunlight_correction_eout":0,"target_humidity":35,"heat_x2_delivery":"forced-air","gear_threshold_low":0,"lower_safety_temp":4.444,"last_software_update_utc_secs":1416413993,"cooling_x2_source":"electric","equipment_type":"electric","heat_pump_aux_threshold":10,"alt_heat_x2_delivery":"forced-air","heat_pump_comp_threshold":-31.5,"learning_days_completed_cool":0,"backplate_bsl_version":"2.1","current_schedule_mode":"HEAT","hvac_wires":"Heat,Cool,Fan,Common Wire,Rh,Star","fan_duty_end_time":0,"leaf":false,"type":"TBD","pin_g_description":"fan","click_sound":"on","aux_heat_delivery":"forced-air","away_temperature_low_enabled":true,"filter_changed_date":1421298000,"hvac_safety_shutoff_active":false,"heat_pump_comp_thrmidifier":false,"fan_cooling_enabled":true,"leaf_away_high":28.88,"fan_cooling_readiness":"ready","temperature_scale":"F","device_locale":"en_US","preconditioning_active":false,"maint_band_upper":0.279,"error_code":"","battery_level":3.888,"fan_control_state":false,"away_temperature_high_enabled":true,"learning_days_completed_heat":58,"humidifier_fan_activation":false,"upper_safety_temp_enabled":false,"pin_star_description":"hum","preconditioning_enabled":true,"dual_fuel_breakpoint":-1,"current_humidity":24,"postal_code":"08527","alt_heat_source":"gas","backplate_mono_version":"4.0.26","aux_lockout_leaf":10,"has_heat_pump":false,"heater_delivery":"forced-air","radiant_control_enabled":false,"auto_away_reset":false,"away_temperature_low":20.981,"temperature_lock":false,"has_air_filter":true,"upper_safety_temp":35,"time_to_target_training":"ready","dehumidifier_type"":0,"fan_timer_duration":900,"temperature_lock_low_temp":20,"pin_w1_description":"heat","forced_air":true,"temperature_lock_pin_hash":"","auto_dehum_enabled":true,"leaf_type":1,"backplate_mono_info":"TFE (BP_D2) 4.0.26 (root@bamboo) 2014-07-02 14:37:01","star_type":"hum","has_dual_fuel":false,"maint_band_lower":0.39,"learning_time":1710,"creation_time":1368405819647,"has_humidifier":true,"learning_days_completed_range":0,"dehumidifier_orientation_selected":"unknown","leaf_schedule_delta":1.11,"logging_priority":"informational","user_brightness":"medium","leaf_away_low":22.15,"pin_rc_description":"none","serial_number":"02AAw1AB4E120RKN","auto_dehum_state":false,"mac_address":"18b4770715cb","heat_x2_source":"gas","fan_duty_start_time":0,"time_to_target":0,"backplate_model":"Backplate-2.5","heat_link_connection":0,"model_version":"Display-2.6","heat_pump_aux_threshold_enabled":true,"ob_persistence":true,"schedules":[],"auto_away":1,"auto_away_learning":"training","hvac_heat_x3_state":false,"compressor_lockout_enabled":false,"hvac_alt_heat_state":false,"target_temperature_type":"heaimeout":0,"hvac_cool_x2_state":false,"target_temperature_high":24,"hvac_aux_heater_state":false,"hvac_heat_x2_state":false,"target_temperature_low":20,"target_temperature":22.15,"hvac_ac_state":false,"hvac_fan_state":false,"target_change_pending":false,"name":"Downstairs","current_temperature":21.93,"hvac_alt_heat_x2_state":false,"can_cool":true,"72ff2c80-3a95-11e2-bbdc-1231390f0261":{"$version":291,"$timestamp":1421197434767,"touched_by":{"touched_by":1},"dr_reminder_enabled":true,"location":"Jackson, NJ","renovation_date":"2000","country_code":"US","measurement_scale":"imperial","away_timestamp":1421020404,"hvac_safety_shutoff_enabled":true,"time_zone":"America/New_York","away":false,"house_type":"family","eta_preconditioning_active":false,"topaz_enhanced_auto_away_enabled":false,"name":"Home","postal_code":"08527","creation_time":1354242432840,"num_thermostats":"2","away_setter":1,"structure_area":357.677,"user":"user.163504","devices":["device.02AA0AAB41520LPP","device.02AB01AB251201KN"],"swarm":["device.02AA02AFGB120LPP","device.02012B45212202KN"],"fabric_ids":[],"clutches":[]},"serial":"02AA334WB451202KN"}

Posted on
Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:17 pm
Rocco offline

vtmikel wrote:
I have limited time to support the plugin any longer with my travel schedule. I'm willing to make small improvements but I do not plan to upgrade my Mac Mini to Yosemite any time soon, though I would expect this plugin to work fine since I'm mostly using Node.JS and not Python for execution. On Mavericks, it's been a stable plugin for me, I do not use a error / restart strategy.

Regarding the fan control problem, I see there are some problems. I'm willing to fix it but I need to understand how it should function. I keep the fan control on auto, allowing my NEST to turn on the fan when the thermostat is on. Indigo has a "Aways On" function that might have to translate to feature that NEST has to turn the fan on for a timed duration. My nest.com allows me to turn it on for 15m, I Could emulate that functionality if you wish.

Hi Mike,

First off, thank you for the plug-in in the first place! The issue with Thermostat control that I am seeing now is that changing the Fan State in indigo seems not to do anything at all. In Indigo it says "Auto On", but when I select "Always On" from the pulldown menu it changes right back to "Auto On" with no apparent effect.

What I would like to do is use Indigo to turn the fan on when the temperature gradient throughout the house gets too great, and then back off again. Or to turn the fan on for a certain number of minutes every hour like the Nest does itself, but with better control.

I am running Yosemite, but I don't know if this problem is specific to that OS- I didn't try it in Mavericks.

As for the errors I was experiencing, they have mostly gone away since I improved my internet connection.

Thanks!
Rocco

Posted on
Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:20 pm
Cheezmo offline

The code for controlling the fan is commented out in the current version of the plugin.

Posted on
Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:48 pm
HA1 offline

Sorry if this has been asked and I believe the answer is no based on your previous post - but are the fan triggers working? I just want to be able to trigger an event when fan goes on or off. I haven't spent much time on it but at first try the Device State Change trigger for Fan Equipment State didn't seem to trigger when my heater kicked in. Ideas?

Posted on
Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:04 pm
Cheezmo offline

See Mike's post from Jan. 17. He has said he will look into fixing the fan control/status, but he is busy. The source code is all available so if anyone else has the skills I'm sure he wouldn't mind if they take a crack at it.

Posted on
Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:21 pm
dkillmer offline

Hi there,

I am receiving the same invalid message mentioned in this thread. If I reload the plugin it works for a few days then the invalid messages show up in the event log and my devices quit updating. I tried searching for a plugin reload script that I could schedule, but I could not find anything in the forums. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dennis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:43 pm
dubbedout offline

I'm trying to download and test this plugin but when I click on the Dropbox link, it's saying the folder is empty. Is this plugin still available? I'm running the trial to see if this is a good solution for my devices. Thanks!

Posted on
Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:49 am
spiv offline

Is the NEST plug-in still available? The dropbox folder listed at the top of this thread is empty.

Maybe I should ask - how did/does the NEST plug-in function? What does the user-interface allow you to do and how does it appear? Is the integration worthwhile or should I just keep using the standalone NEST app on my iPhone?

Posted on
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:28 pm
dshj offline

Can someone please post the last version of this plugin somewhere?

Posted on
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:03 am
spiv offline

+1 !

Just installed my first Nest thermostat, would love to get it working with Indigo.

Posted on
Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:29 pm
Cheezmo offline

Would be nice wouldn't it. It appears the developer of this plugin has abandoned us. Really sad. I'm probably going to take a stab at getting fan control working on the last version I had, but I tried and failed once before so don't anybody hold their breath.

I find it shocking that there isn't an official plugin, but many there just aren't very many Indigo / Nest users to make it worthwhile.

Posted on
Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:28 pm
kw123 offline

could you post the last version of the plugin? may be there is a quick fix.

Karl