Lutron RadioRA 2 (and Caseta) plugin

Posted on
Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:01 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Bug: configure dimmer screen

Swancoat wrote:
I had some time off work, and the Level II training became available about 5 minutes from my house so I signed up. Basically the area rep emailed me, because he thought I wasn't a vendor/installer (correct) and kicked me out.

How the heck do I take this training?

(Sorry, I accidentally PM'd this message to you FD - doh. Reposting here in the thread to see if anyone has insight on this).

I had no issues taking it in Florida. Maybe they were oversubscribed and needed the space for resellers.

Call Lutron Corporate in PA (I think) and complain.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 3:54 am
meroni offline

Re: Lutron RadioRA 2 (and Caseta) plugin

I'm having many issues my Smart Bridge Pro with Indigo using RadioRa 2 plugin.
I had the plugin server running and was having trouble figuring out the Integration ID that would map to my Lutron devices when I reloaded the plugin I got this?

May 26, 2017, 5:46:22 AM
Reloading plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.0.1"
Stopping plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.0.1" (pid 3727)
Stopped plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.0.1"
Starting plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.0.1" (pid 3728)
Started plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.0.1"
Lutron RRA2/Caséta Error Unrecognized command: login:
Any ideas what this is about?

Is there anyone that has a step by step on how to configure RadioRa Plugin for Indigo and add devices?

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 2:05 pm
RatRanch offline

meroni wrote:
I'm having many issues my Smart Bridge Pro with Indigo using RadioRa 2 plugin.
I had the plugin server running and was having trouble figuring out the Integration ID that would map to my Lutron devices when I reloaded the plugin I got this?

May 26, 2017, 5:46:22 AM
Reloading plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.0.1"
Stopping plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.0.1" (pid 3727)
Stopped plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.0.1"
Starting plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.0.1" (pid 3728)
Started plugin "Lutron RRA2/Caséta 7.0.1"
Lutron RRA2/Caséta Error Unrecognized command: login:
Any ideas what this is about?

Is there anyone that has a step by step on how to configure RadioRa Plugin for Indigo and add devices?

Retrieve your Integration ID’s from the Lutron Application:

Open iOS Settings -> Scroll Down to Lutron Application-> Enable Show Advanced Settings
Open Lutron App -> Settings -> Advanced -> enable Telnet Support then select Integration -> Send Integration Report -> Enter email address and send report.

There is some additional information about setup here.

However, the log excerpt above indicates that your Smart Bridge Pro is not communicating properly with Indigo. Check your username and password settings-note that this is the telnet login, not the login you use for the Caseta app. Also make sure that you've assigned a static IP address to your Smart Bridge Pro.

Posted on
Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:27 pm
RatRanch offline

Caseta Users: Information Request

Hi all,

I'm working with a user whose Caseta Smart Bridge Pro does not connect with Indigo (it fails to get past login even though the correct credentials are provided). This issue has been reported a couple of times in this forum.

When the user opens a telnet session to the bridge, the first login attempt always fails and the second one succeeds. The first login also fails via the plugin and the plugin doesn't have logic to try a second time.

My initial conclusion was that this user's bridge was acting abnormally so I arranged to borrow it for troubleshooting (I do not own a Smart Bridge). Here's what's interesting: I was able to reproduce the first telnet login failing on my test network, however, the plugin communicates fine with the bridge in my setup. I tested with multiple versions of Indigo and the plugin and have not been able to reproduce the user's problem.

Question to others running the plugin with Caseta: if you log into the bridge via telnet, does it always fail on the first attempt? Perhaps this is just an incompatibility with the MacOS implementation of telnet and all bridges will react this way. I would like to rule out the possibility that there is something "different" about the bridge that I'm testing with.

Question to anyone else who would like to comment: why might this symptom be occurring on one Indigo implementation but not another? Timing? Network traffic? Something else? Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers,
-Jim

Posted on
Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:50 pm
FlyingDiver offline

My guess would be some uncleared data in a buffer. Which could be OS version dependent. Or possibly memory size.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:13 am
RatRanch offline

Problem solved! Turns out this is a timing issue. Here is the code that handles the initial connection:

Code: Select all
    def ipStartup(self):
        self.logger.info(u"Running ipStartup")
        self.timeout = 1

host = self.pluginPrefs["ip_address"]

try:
            self.logger.info(u"Connecting via IP to %s" % host)
            self.connIP = telnetlib.Telnet(host, 23)

a = self.connIP.read_until("\n", self.timeout)
            self.logger.debug(u"self.connIP.read: %s" % a)

The plugin opens a telnet connection and waits until a newline character ("\n") is received or for the timeout value of one second, whatever comes first. The problem is that the bridge (as well as a RA2 repeater) never sends a newline during sign-on. The first prompt is "login: " and the second prompt is "password: ". So what happens is that the plugin always waits for the one second timeout to expire, regardless of whether the bridge is ready.

On my test network, I was able to create a set of suboptimal conditions (no internet connection + firewall) that caused the Smart Bridge Pro to take as long as 30 seconds to prompt for login.

The issue with connecting from a command prompt turned out to be an incompatibility between the MacOS implementation of telnet and the bridge, which has a very rudimentary telnet server. No problems connecting from a Windows computer.

I'll put in a pull request on github but anybody who needs this update immediately can PM me.

Cheers,
-Jim

Posted on
Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:41 pm
Ramias offline

Lutron just released 11.5 of the RA2 software. Release notes have this in them:

1. Keypad LED integration improvements: Ability added to use integration commands for control and monitor of LED states on an empty keypad button to show status of user defined custom application.
2. System stabilization improvements.

#1 looks interesting but I suspect the plugin would need to be changed to incorporate it. FWIW, my system is working fine with LED states on unassigned buttons. Just posting this for awareness for others.

Posted on
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:07 pm
rapamatic offline

Ramias wrote:
Lutron just released 11.5 of the RA2 software. Release notes have this in them:

1. Keypad LED integration improvements: Ability added to use integration commands for control and monitor of LED states on an empty keypad button to show status of user defined custom application.
2. System stabilization improvements.

#1 looks interesting but I suspect the plugin would need to be changed to incorporate it. FWIW, my system is working fine with LED states on unassigned buttons. Just posting this for awareness for others.

I’ll have to check it, but the plugin should work fine for controlling the LED state as is. The code was already there. From what I understand Lutron just fixed some bugs in their code that made the LEDs not reliably respond to commands....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:04 am
vtmikel offline

I have been receiving this error message occasionally, though it does not seem to be preventing any functionality.

Lutron RRA2/Caséta Error Error in plugin execution runConcurrentThread:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "plugin.py", line 366, in runConcurrentThread
File "plugin.py", line 530, in _processCommand
File "plugin.py", line 568, in _cmdOutputChange
ValueError: could not convert string to float: GNET> 0.00

Lutron RRA2/Caséta Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:06 pm
Dlucas10 offline

I'm working on getting Lutron Caseta running with the Indigo Plugin. However, it appears that I can't get the plugin to work. In the log I'm getting the following:

Sep 30, 2017, 3:02:47 PM
Lutron RRA2/Caséta Error Error in plugin execution ExecuteAction:

File "plugin.py", line 1021, in actionControlDimmerRelay
File "plugin.py", line 563, in _sendCommand
AttributeError: 'Plugin' object has no attribute 'connIP'

Sep 30, 2017, 3:03:25 PM

Sep 30, 2017, 3:03:45 PM

Any thoughts?

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:24 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Check the IP address you entered for the Caseta hub.

Set debug logging and restart the plugin, then post the startup messages.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:22 pm
Dlucas10 offline

I was playing around after I posted this. It seems I didn't realize I needed to put the address under the "Socket address" as well. I had a thought that it may copy the IP from the address that you put in, but it seems I need it in both locations. All working now!

Thanks!

Posted on
Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:55 am
jenwill1 offline

I have the identical error, but I don't understand the comment about putting the IP address in the socket address ? Can you elaborate a little ?

Also do you need the port included on the IP ?

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:02 am
jenwill1 offline

Put in the Network Socket info and it started working ?!?

Posted on
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:25 pm
spiv offline

Will this plug-in work with the new "RadioRA 2 Select"?

I'm thinking of phasing out Insteon and RadioRA 2 Select looks like a very interesting possibility.

It is a new product line that is upward compatible with the full RadioRA but at a lower price. Physically, the bridge/repeater looks like the Caeseta, but it is a dealer-only product.

The big difference is that it supports 100 devices instead of just 50 and it allows up to 4 wireless repeaters (plus the main bridge/repeater) while Caseta only has a single repeater/bridge. This should allow full coverage in larger home.

It also uses the Maestro dimmers/switches not the Caseta so more choices in colors and finishes.

Just like Caseta, RadioRA 2 will work with Apple HomeKit, Google Home/Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Sonos. All of these integrations are supported directly by Lutron - no "HomeBridge" or other intermediaries. Also, a large selection of pre-engraved pico wireless remotes are available.

Unlike full RadioRA all configuration and setup is via smartphone/tablet app - not the traditional PC software used in RadioRA / Homeworks, but ultimately can be upgraded to full RadioRA by simply adding RadioRA bridge - the in-wall dimmers/switches and plug-in modules all are compatible. (Caseta modules are different and cannot be upgraded without doing a "rip and replace" of everything.)