Upgrade success/lazy Saturday on the patio

Posted on
Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:17 am
Different Computers offline

Upgrade success/lazy Saturday on the patio

Happened to see in the forums that Indigo 2021.1 is out, and since I had nothing else scheduled today besides the chainsawing I already did, I thought I would run the upgrade. My thinking was I had the weekend to fiddle with any issues and sort them out.

Well, guess I have to find something else to do with my weekend, because *every single thing* associated with Indigo, from the Insteon interface to the Grafana database, came back up under 2012.1 without even a warning. All while I sat out on my patio and remoted in to kick off and watch the process.

The closest thing to a scary moment was that the Insteon interface took long enough to initialize that I saw it looking red and struck through for a few seconds.

Matt, Jay, amazing work. Even if I'll never ever use the Alexa integration because Jeff Bezos can stay in space as far as I'm concerned.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:29 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade success/lazy Saturday on the patio

Fantastic - thank for the report! We love to hear the success stories, especially for a version like 2021.1 that had lots of big changes that required careful internal migration of older settings and databases.

Posted on
Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:39 pm
Korey offline

Different Computers wrote:

Matt, Jay, amazing work. Even if I'll never ever use the Alexa integration because Jeff Bezos can stay in space as far as I'm concerned.

I'll second this!

Seamless easy upgrade and keep Bezos in space ! :mrgreen:

Great work guys!

--
Korey

Posted on
Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:56 am
jalves offline

Just wanted to say that the upgrade went off perfectly here too.

At first I was confused about why my alexa devices were still being discovered even after I had deleted them and turned off the Alexa Hue plugin. After fussing and fuming a bit I finally realized that it was simply that the new built-in mechanism had automagically created them. I didn't need to do anything .

Thanks for your work on the Matt & Jay. and the beta testers too.

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:03 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

jalves wrote:
At first I was confused about why my alexa devices were still being discovered even after I had deleted them and turned off the Alexa Hue plugin. After fussing and fuming a bit I finally realized that it was simply that the new built-in mechanism had automagically created them. I didn't need to do anything .

Um, sorry, that's not possible. The new Alexa integration handles everything totally differently than the Alexa Hue Bridge. I'm glad things are working for you, but nothing automatic happened in the background to convert AHB devices to the Alexa plugin. Now I'm super curious how you got it working... ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1