ONVIF Camera Motion Triggering & Doorbell Triggers

Posted on
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:43 am
Espressomatic offline

ONVIF Camera Motion Triggering & Doorbell Triggers

This is the planning for success - couldn't think of another sub-forum to post this in, so here goes.

I just bought a doorbell camera, EZVIZ DB1 which has RTSP (yay!) and with an alternate firmware ONVIF support. I plan to add a Z-Wave door sensor and reed switch to my old magnetic/mechanical chime to get a notification any time the doorbell is pressed, but I'd also like to be able to trigger on motion events. This camera (and others) have PIR sensors which generate ONVIF data, so here's a roundabout way of getting that recognized in Indigo using an ONVIF to MQTT layer.

Goal summary: receive notifications in Indigo for doorbell button presses and motion events from a video doorbell

Requirements for button presses:

Traditional doorbell chime, 24v magnetic/mechanical
Sensor/Switch/Relay for Indigo notification:
  1. Z-Wave door/window sensor (with contact closure capability) or contact closure sensor, battery powered + Magnetic reed switch
    or
  2. Shelly1 WiFi switch/relay + bridge rectifier to power from 24VAC

Requirements for motion events:

ONVIF to MQTT translation layer - I'll be implementing this as a docker container on my server: https://github.com/dmitrif/onvif2mqtt#requirements
MQTT Broker - I'll be using Mosquitto running in docker on my server
MQTT support for Indigo - I'll be using MQTT Connector and MQTT shims plugins

Continuing...

tags: hikvision DS-HD1, ezviz DB1, Nelly NSC-DB2, Laview Halo One, IMOU cue, Provision ISR I3-340IP536+ -340IP5MVF, RCA HSDB2A

Posted on
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:27 am
Espressomatic offline

Re: ONVIF Camera Motion Triggering & Doorbell Triggers

Video Doorbell installed and working well on its own. Just installing a few Shelly WiFi switches for lamp use and next is installing MQTT which I hope to test out with the Shelly stuff first. As I have an extra Shelly and MQTT will already be installed, I'll probably use it with a bridge rectifier to connect it to the 24VAC inside the doorbell chime to get notifications of a doorbell button push separately from the motion trigger.

Posted on
Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:22 am
hamw offline

Re: ONVIF Camera Motion Triggering & Doorbell Triggers

Interested in this solution as my current DB cam bit the dust. Are you paying for the EZVIZ cloud storage or using ONVIF and SecuritySpy, for instance? How did you get/upload alternate firmware and upload it so that it is enabled for ONVIF/RTSP?

Page 1 of 1