Pretty happy with my new sleep/wake-up automations...

Posted on
Tue May 21, 2019 10:44 pm
emergent offline

Pretty happy with my new sleep/wake-up automations...

I have a trigger on an Aeotec smart switch connected to a wireless charger that senses the load when I put my iPhone on it at night and triggers my "Goodnight" scene. Starts to fade the lights out to warm then red then off, turns on my Sonos sleep playlist and closes my bedroom blinds. At my alarm time in the morning everything fades back in, the blinds all open and a wake-up song plays.

When I take my toothbrush off my charger, another Aeotec switch sees that the load dropped, and it lowers my bathroom blinds and the blinds on that side of the bedroom that were opened, turns on the bathroom exhaust fan in a couple of minutes, starts the coffee maker and turns the lights on in the rest of house.

Next will be setting a motion sensor in my kitchen to give me weather/calendar alerts on my kitchen Sonos when motion senses me walk into the kitchen first thing in the morning.

Pretty happy with all that. Been a user since 2011 or so, but never did much more than control lights.

I wish Indigo would update their app with location tracking to make everything else easier.

Posted on
Tue May 21, 2019 10:54 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Pretty happy with my new sleep/wake-up automations...

Sounds awesome - a great example of how automation can/should be done!

Posted on
Tue May 21, 2019 11:35 pm
noel1983 offline

Awesome, love true automation like this.

I’ve got location working 99.999% perfectly using geofency on my iPhone, definitely worth playing a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed May 22, 2019 5:20 am
mundmc offline

Thank you for sharing the inspiration. I didn’t realize the Aotecs were that responsive, especially to very subtle changes in power!

MunDMC

Posted on
Wed May 22, 2019 9:22 am
emergent offline

The delay from putting it on the charger to the automation starting is a second maybe. They are very responsive.

Posted on
Wed May 22, 2019 10:57 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

emergent wrote:
I wish Indigo would update their app with location tracking to make everything else easier.

It's on the request list. There are a variety of location plugins, perhaps one of those would work for you.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed May 22, 2019 11:11 am
emergent offline

I'm currently using the Unifi plugin with decent success. Just a few false notifications. I haven't set up the Home/Away plugin correctly yet which should probably fix the issues.

I'd just like an integrated way for geofencing. My wife and I don't track each other with Find my Friends since I feel it's a bit of an invasion of privacy myself, and I haven't even asked her about it but I'm pretty sure she would feel the same way.

So an app that wouldn't allow us to see each other's locations would be best, but would trip geo-fence triggers like Homekit does.

Posted on
Wed May 22, 2019 12:41 pm
mundmc offline

emergent wrote:
I'm currently using the Unifi plugin with decent success. Just a few false notifications. I haven't set up the Home/Away plugin correctly yet which should probably fix the issues.

I'd just like an integrated way for geofencing. My wife and I don't track each other with Find my Friends since I feel it's a bit of an invasion of privacy myself, and I haven't even asked her about it but I'm pretty sure she would feel the same way.

So an app that wouldn't allow us to see each other's locations would be best, but would trip geo-fence triggers like Homekit does.

You can make Homekit do the deed with Virtual Devices published to it pretty easily. I’ve had better success with that than fing/Unifi/pibeacon (kw123 is still awesome though).

Posted on
Wed May 22, 2019 1:35 pm
Korey offline

emergent wrote:
the blinds all open

What brand of blind automation motors are you using?

--
Korey

Posted on
Wed May 22, 2019 8:16 pm
emergent offline

It’s not blinds, it’s Serena shades. Use the term interchangeably sometimes.

Page 1 of 1