Hot water control, shades, etc.

Posted on
Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:55 am
boekweg offline

Hot water control, shades, etc.

I have several cool things that Indigo takes care of for me:

My shower cuts of the hot water supply after 5 minutes so my kids (and myself) do not spent 30 minutes at the shower each time. It is set up as follows:
I have a flow meter that senses hot water flow to the shower (I read the input through a Fibaro universal sensor) and after 1 minute it sets a trigger for a shower sequence of 5 or 8 minutes which can be set through a build in iPod touch in my bathroom. Once the trigger is fired (after this minute) the lights flash for 2 seconds to indicate that the clock is ticking. One minute before the shower expiration time the a part of the bathroom lights flashes again for 2 seconds to address the time is getting near and at the final expiration time a solenoid valve cuts the hot water supply for 2 minutes. This setup saves approximately 500m3 of gas on yearly bases.

I control my shades through several Fibaro switches which will receive a command to retract when it starts to rain. I have a rain sensor which is put on the Z-Wave network by a Fibaro universal sensor. Once it starts to rain it will fire a trigger and if the condition for any shade is that it is down it will be commanded to go up.

I have several PIR's to detect motion in and around my house. When my house is in the "home"state they will take care of several thoings depending on time of day like f.i. turn on lights in certain places that do not have to be on when nobodies present. If I put my house in the "away" state these PIR's and also my door and window switches will fire an acoustic alarm like a professional alam system.

I use Indigo to control my irrigation by switching on several solenoid valves feeding different irrigation loops. timing and switching on the several loops is done by Indigo.

Posted on
Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:05 am
kw123 offline

Re: What is the coolest feature of your Indigo setup?

Is this shower time limit also set for your wife?

Posted on
Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:48 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Hot water control, shades, etc.

[MODERATOR NOTE] Excellent, thanks (and split into a separate topic).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:21 am
Turribeach offline

Re: Hot water control, shades, etc.

Hi, what sensor do you use for the shower hot water flow? Is it just a temperature sensor?

Page 1 of 1