Ethernet Relay Board -- Works Great!

Posted on
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:24 am
siclark offline

Re: Ethernet Relay Board -- Works Great!

Ok. That frequency is not any better than my current setup. I was looking for cheaper option than getting multiple fibaro universal sensors.
Never mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:13 pm
TwitchCaptain offline

Yeah DomoPat kind nailed it. This plugin polls the relay board for the input states. If you need to catch a quick state change this will not work. I have been unable to find any way to get the board to "send out" data, so the inputs are not super useful to me. Others have found uses for them, but motion sensor type data is not a good fit for this device.

The same auction I got this board on months and months ago is still up on eBay. Perhaps reaching out to them and asking for a software/firmware update is an option. This device runs an internal web server, there's no reason it couldn't be programmed to hit an API when an input changes; someone just needs to plead with the manufacturer to make it happen. Just a thought.

Posted on
Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:33 pm
jens offline

You nead to change in the web app that you dount whant the board to activate the relay in input for example number one, works perfect for me...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:58 am
TwitchCaptain offline

Version 1.0.0 was released today. It adds support for native sprinkler devices, improved logging, and it makes the cancel button on the device editor actually cancel and revert changes.

New forum topic for this plugin is here: viewforum.php?f=302 - Please continue discussion about this plugin in the new forum. Jay, maybe we can move this topic to that forum? Not sure how that works or if it even makes sense.

Posted on
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:49 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I didn't want to move the entire thread over, but I added a moderator note on the original post that points to both the plugin and its sub-forum to save folks time from having to read through all the posts.

Thanks again for the great contribution!!