How to interface with Foscam VM1 bell

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:46 am
marcel langelaan offline

How to interface with Foscam VM1 bell

I try to setup a trigger in Indigo when a Foscam VM1 bell is activated. I don't understand how the URL generate by the Bell can be transferred to something understandable by Indigodomo. I have tried to find an comparable example how this can be established on a simple manner, but could not find something simple..
The other way around is available via GhostXML, but that's the opposite. I prefer a simple trigger, which is initiated from out the bell's URL json call.

Please advice, thx in advance
Attachments
foscam url.jpg
format generated by the Foscam bell
foscam url.jpg (120.84 KiB) Viewed 1019 times

Posted on
Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:51 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to interface with Foscam VM1 bell

Have you looked at the Foscam plugin? I don't know anything about it, but it might provide doorbell events.

Moderator Note: moved to the correct forum as this device isn't Z-Wave compatible.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:09 am
marcel langelaan offline

Re: How to interface with Foscam VM1 bell

Thx for moving it.
The Foscam plugin is not suitable, its polling the device.
I need something that is listening to an action from out the doorbell.

Please advice how to handle an URL call.

Thx in advance

Page 1 of 1