NEST - updated plugin to support the new Google API

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:37 am
bsp9493 offline

NEST - updated plugin to support the new Google API

Not sure if this is the correct spot, but are there any plans to include/update an updated plugin for NEST?

Unfortunately for me, I had invested in nest, before google took over- 6 devices across 3 zones - so replacing my technology is not going to be cheap - my problem, not yours though:(

Having control of my thermostats and other NEST devices (ie scheduling temp changes based on time and home/away status or other dev ice status) was a very useful feature, which I have lost for quite some time now:(

One of the reasons I chose Indigo in the 1st place was it's vast support of current technology. Hopefully we can bring back an implementation of this plug in that works with the new Google API.

Thanx for your consideration.

dave

Posted on
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:23 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: NEST - updated plugin to support the new Google API

No idea if any of our current developers are using Nest products - I suspect any that were have moved on given Google's fickleness about 3rd party integration. It would need to be a plugin developed by someone else - there's just not enough demand vs everything else we have on our plates to do the integration ourselves.

[MODERATOR NOTE]: moved to a more appropriate forum

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1