Koogeek Devices

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:27 pm
Betacruxis offline

Koogeek Devices

Hello,

There are some new home-automation devices branded Kooggek (https://www.koogeek.com/), that work over wifi and are compatible with Apple HomeKit, Alexa and Google Assistant.
Does anyone been to figure how to make it work with Indigo?
Thanks in advance.

Posted on
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:36 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Koogeek Devices

lanbrown wrote:
You could possibly write a plugin to use HTTP to control them as well.

If you are looking for something that just works out of the box, then you're looking at the wrong product.

In much friendlier terms: I don't believe there's currently a plugin. In order for a 3rd party developer to write a plugin there would need to be some way to control it via HTTP. If it has that capability, then it would be possible for someone to write an Indigo plugin for it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:42 am
howartp offline

jay (support) wrote:
In much friendlier terms:.

Agreed.

If the product can be controlled, it’s likely a plugin can be written.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:50 am
Betacruxis offline

Thanks guys.

I actually have the double switch.
I knew there wasn't a product that would work out of the box in Indigo, but I wanted to give it a try using Apple's Home App.
Works really fine.

I'll explore the links you sent and see what can I do.

Page 1 of 1